Go Down

Topic: FSX Fsuipc and Arduino... (Read 5135 times) previous topic - next topic

i saw this topic on the archived forums and noticed that someone nearly hit the nail on the head but then people drifted from the point

http://www.arduino.cc/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1247081547
Re: Interfacing with Flight simulator X
Reply #5 - 11.02.2010 at 21:56:41   Hello,

the fastests and simplest way is to use fsuipc (just google for it).
It's a library which interfaces to FSX in order to read and write nearly every value from airplane and environment: autopilot, heading, speed, etc etc etc...

I was thinking about doing some stuff on this way, and it looks to be really easy.

The hardest way is to think what do you want: a simple heading/speed/autopilot/lights module ? Or a full A380 cabine ?

Using fsuipc is very easy: just read any value you want and send it to arduino via serial interface (may be you use 7 segment or LCD), or read any button/switch change and send to FSX.

I hope this information help you!

more importantly
Using fsuipc is very easy: just read any value you want and send it to arduino via serial interface (may be you use 7 segment or LCD), or read any button/switch change and send to FSX.

thats what ive been trying to work out myself, how to set up the serial interface. i understand fsuipc offsets but i dont know how to communicate them to the arduino

thanks guys

jamie

Hi Jamie,

Feels weird to be replying 4 years later but I am really curious, did you figure it out? Perhaps have a link to help me figure it out?  :D

Thanks

Bonanza

Hi Snakekiller,
take a look on www.mobiflight.de
MobiFlight is an interface software for hardware connecting to FSUIPC via Arduino Mega. Works great!

Regards,
Chris

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy