Go Down

Topic: Various problems with SD Card (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

I have different problems saving data into a file at a SD card 256 Mb.

Let me explain the configuration:
The SD Card is formatted in Fat16, and it has a text file with some characters inside. I use the filelogger library with arduino IDE 017. The Arduino board is Duemilanove. The hardware was done following this: http://www.arduino.cc/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1206874649/8. The devide is stand alone by the use of some AA bateries charged (not really well) by a Solar panel.

The problems that i have are:

1.- Some times when i take the SD Card in order to read the data, the sd Card is empty! The text file is not there!! So, the result is that i lost all the data. It is not something regular so i can´t detect where is the problem. May be it could be related to the lost of power just in the moment when the arduino is trying to save the data???. I don´t know is an idea. Any of you had similar problem? Ideas about where could be the problem and the solution?

2.- I was testing the devide for two months, and today it started to store... in chinese characters!! So it store data, but when i take the sd card and read the stored data, they are in this characters:

when it should be something like that:
0 ; 5/3/2011 ; 20:14:16 ; 4.40 ; 4.96 ; 24.51 ; 28.97 ; 38.49 ; 13.41 ; 2854 ; 21.37 ; 2 ; 21.31 ; 20.94 ; 5398206 ; 36 ; 0.00

I formatted the sd Card and the problem persist. Serial screen shows the correct data, and they seems to be stored on the SD Card, but i don´t know why it produce those extrange characters. I didn´t made modifications on hardware of software in those two months, so i don´t know where is the problem. Any idea?

Thanks for your help!

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131