Go Down

Topic: Product detection on cloth rack (Read 125 times) previous topic - next topic

sweet_sweats

Apr 30, 2018, 02:29 pm Last Edit: Apr 30, 2018, 03:24 pm by sweet_sweats
Hello everyone,

I hope someone can help me with this.
I am struggling to set up a product detection system on a cloth rack and need some advice.
I would like to trigger something (video, product registration) when a specific product is removed from the rack. This way I need some kind of identification.
I though about 2 technologies, but feel free to suggest anything simpler as I don't have much time to do this :
- magnetic sensor : a magnet is on the hanger and a sensor is in the rack's top bar. When the hanger is removed, the magnetic field "disappear". To detect which product is removed, multiple magnetic sensors are in the bar, one per product. The drawback is that the product should return to the same place/sensor. I was thinking about the CAP898 to achieve this.

- RFID sensor : a long antenna goes around a wooden stick. This wooden stick goes in the rack's top bar. The antenna is linked to an RFID sensor. RFID tags are stuck on the product's hangers (~10cm). I think that this would be the best option. I would use the RDM6300 chip with the antenna.

Here is a photo of the rack. The bar has a diameter of 2.5cm and is hollow. For the RFID solution, I was thinking about using a custom antenna, or use the existing one and unroll it and customize the antenna's path. You can find a schematics below and a photo of the products on the rack/football goal.

Do you think that this would work?
Hoping that someone can tell me if anything could go wrong with this system.
Thank you :)

Go Up