Go Down

Topic: Triggernig a camera by a sonar, what's the right camera? (Read 846 times) previous topic - next topic

marsangola

Hi,

I would like to take picture triggered by a sonar sensor.

I already connect the sonar to my reflex camera and take the pictures I need, but I have to take a lot of picture and the reflex camera will be broken within some day (the mirror mechanics works only 150.000 pictures).    smiley-cry smiley-cry smiley-cry

I need high quality picture (1280x1024 ca).

I read about industrial camera and frame grabber but I didn't find something that work with low power consumption and store data in a SD card. smiley-eek-blue

Can anyone please help me?

Many thanks,

Marsangola

Groove

Per Arduino ad Astra

marsangola

Thanks Groove,

5 mega pixel are good, but the PIR sensor doesn't work for me.

I'd like to take pictures of cars in the street only when a car pass near the sensor. The PIR takes pictures of every things that's is moving.

But the idea could be a good one.

May be I need a fast camera (no more than 200 milliseconds between trigger a the shot) and an SD to store the jpg. I'm going to  google a lot.

Thanks for your help.

cyberteque

Have a look at CHDK for the Canon compact cameras.
I run it on my IXUS-75, you only need to put 3V across the USB terminals to fire the camera.
If you don't already have a Canon, print out the capability guide and take it with you when you go shopping!

liudr

I think Terry King has a project with camera triggered maybe by photo gates. Hope he's around to answer this question.  :)

Kaouthia

Have a look at CHDK for the Canon compact cameras.
I run it on my IXUS-75, you only need to put 3V across the USB terminals to fire the camera.

CHDK's great.  I do the same with some little Powershot A460 cameras, and you can get a good few thousand JPG images on an 8GB SDHC card.

I'm curious as to the purpose though, is this for some kind of ANPR system?
John

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy