Transmit video data via Xbee PRO

Is it possible to transmit the video data of this camera module (http://www.sparkfun.com/products/10061) via this Xbee PRO (XBee Pro 50mW Series 2.5 Wire Antenna - WRL-08876 - SparkFun Electronics)?
Thanks,
Xyvab

No - the XBees cannot send video data.

Ok, they can theoretically if you do an awful lot of fiddling and a very low res and very low framerate but it's not worth it.

How is this arduino related?
How is this related to 'Interfacing w/ software on the computer'?

I've been thinking about this, and, actually, I think that the answer is that yes, you can.

The thing that makes everyone assume that you can't is that the subject line doesn't match the camera description.

Sending video data anywhere is beyond the capabilities of the Arduino, because the volume of data is so high that the serial buffer would be constantly overflowing.

However, the camera you link to is NOT a video camera. It takes still pictures, and streams the data over a serial port. You can collect that serial data, from one port, faster than the camera sends it, and have the Arduino send that data out another serial port, that the XBee is connected to.

When all the data for one frame has been collected and sent, take another picture and repeat. Then, you have video, although at a very low frame rate.

Now, doing something with all that data on the receiver end could be a problem, but you didn't define the receiver, so maybe it isn't.

Thank you for the replies :slight_smile:
Do you know how can I interface the camera with XBee? (Which pin goes where...)
I have never handled a XBee :blush:

TX on the camera to RX on the XBee.
RX on the camera to TX on the XBee.

Connect grounds and power, too.

Of course, I think you are going to need an Arduino in the mix to define WHEN to take a picture.

Yes, I'm going to do so :slight_smile:
Does it changes anything in the pin wiring (adding an Arduino)?
Thanks again XD

Both the Arduino and XBee will share the Arduino's TX and RX pins, so the camera to Arduino connection is as shown above, and the XBee should be mounted on a shield which will automatically connect all the pins correctly.

I'm with the "yes" camp here, but the title of the thread is misleading - the data is not "video", and the product detail page makes no such claim.

Both the Arduino and XBee will share the Arduino's TX and RX pins, so the camera to Arduino connection is as shown above, and the XBee should be mounted on a shield which will automatically connect all the pins correctly.

Ok, thank you very much for your kindness and your support :grin: XD :grin:

is your camera transmit video stream data or not?

alsabool:
is your camera transmit video stream data or not?

The OP's original language is not English.
In English the term video means a moving image. That camera will not transmit a moving image so in English we say it is not video.

so can we tx/rx video data via xb pro?

I did not used this cameras; does it work like the mobile camera that is display the pictures then capture what you like it or not?

alsabool:
so can we tx/rx video data via xb pro?

NO.

What if we store the video data in an SD card and transmit it by compressing the video?

Don't you think that the video has already been compressed?
(BTW, this thread is five years old)

Actually, 8 years and a bit :slight_smile: