Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Author Topic: Change the Arduino file extension!  (Read 6655 times)
Vita est effugium de veritatis
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

I was curious about the status of the long promised file extension change after I accidentally launched the wrong IDE for about the zillionth time. On the Mac this is only a minor problem but I was curious. I searched the archives and found lots of thoughtful comments and suggestions and one person expressing his personal pique that things did not go his way. His entire sequence of posts in this thread seemed to represent venting and no new information. File extensions have always been problematic. Discussion and statement of opinion is always appropriate when they stay on topic and most posts here were in that vein. One poster's were not and this degraded the quality of the discussion. It didn't seem worthwhile commenting to the moderator because given the sheer volume of his posts on this forum I assumed he was one of them. When I expressed my opinion that personal pique is off topic several other posters replied in a childish and off topic vein mostly mocking my choice of screen name. Ad Hominum? In my experience whether a subject is or is not on topic is itself usually considered on topic. I have been trying to stay on topic. One would hope that others here would also attempt to return to the normal standards of civility for this forum.

There is nothing wrong with trying to make money on an open source project. Read Richard Stallman on that subject. You don't have to buy an "official" Arduino. There are plenty of excellent clones available. That is the beauty of open source.

By the way my apologies to the thread. I intended to make a single post on this subject. At some point beating a dead horse becomes abuse in its own right and I am sure many think I have crossed that line already. However I didn't expect the number of replies and the level of personal attack in the responses. Ironically "Coding Badly" stood out in my view as one of the few replying in a civil way. I will not be replying again on this subject. I think my point has been made.

Espoo, Finland
God Member
"Oops, try again..."
View Profile

Right!

Two posts already in the forum, and I don't see how they are connected to the topic subject; Arduino file extension.

Ok, OT it is.
We all have good days and bad days. If you think that person who writes nicely 99,9% of the time, is a saint of a akind, you are so wrong. It's like people who work in a bank, they need to keep the appearance, no matter what the customer says. But wait, that day comes when morning start badly at home, and the first customer don't know who he/she is deeling with... BANG! There you go, you have lost your face forever, have you? No, if the customer is human, yes if the customer is selfish idiot who sees nothing else but his/her own misery.

I think the next generation extension for arduino should be .AIE (Arduino IDE Extension). It's not used, and it sound futuristic!
 smiley-razz

Cheers,
Kari

The only law for me; Ohms Law: U=R*I       P=U*I
Note to self: "Damn! Why don't you just fix it!!!"

Global Moderator
Netherlands
Shannon Member
In theory there is no difference between theory and practice, however in practice there are many...
View Profile

. AIE  .... and it sound futuristic
It also sounds like getting 240Volts smiley-wink

Rob Tillaart

Nederlandse sectie - http://arduino.cc/forum/index.php/board,77.0.html -
(Please do not PM for private consultancy)

Espoo, Finland
God Member
"Oops, try again..."
View Profile

It also sounds like getting 240Volts smiley-wink

Aha... what does the AIE stands for? It is not known in our region.
 smiley-surprise

Cheers,
Kari

Global Moderator
Netherlands
Shannon Member
In theory there is no difference between theory and practice, however in practice there are many...
View Profile

more precise "AIE!!!" is the sound I make when I connect with 240Volts with my fingers smiley

Rob Tillaart

Nederlandse sectie - http://arduino.cc/forum/index.php/board,77.0.html -
(Please do not PM for private consultancy)

Espoo, Finland
God Member
"Oops, try again..."
View Profile

smiley-lol

Got it! But is sounds dynamic! Pronouncing it in english is harder then, if you are not in pain already. Friendly name for these files could be "ohyeah".
They are not going to buy that, but I have gave my two cents! I have nothing else to say! (You wish!)
 smiley-cool

Cheers,
Kari

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Jump to: