Go Down

Topic: Unable to up load sketches to YUN (Read 94 times) previous topic - next topic

n7zmg

I am new to the forum and to Arduino.  I have a YUN and am using OS X 10.11.16

Things were going fine -- I configured the YUN  and was able to run blink and change the timing of the blinking.  I next tried a bridge example and it worked well also.  Fast forward a couple of days  and I tried to upload blink again.   I now am unable to up load blink (or any other sketch) using the IDE and get the following message any and every time I try to up load:

avrdude: AVR device not responding
avrdude: initialization failed, rc=-1
        Double check connections and try again, or us -F to override
                    this check.

/usr/bin/run-avrdude: line 44 can't open /tmp/effuse: no such file

avrdude: AVR device not responding

avrdude: initialization failed, rc=-1
                   Double check connections and try again, or use -F to override
                    this check.

avrdude done.  Thank you.

When using the IDE (1.8.5) I can see the YUN listed as a Network Port when I check  (Tools> Port:)  (and this is what I have clicked on for uploading the blink sketch)  If I plug in a Ethernet cable I can see that that network port as well.  I have tried uploading via that network port as well and get the same error message.

I have reset the Wifi (for over 30 seconds) and then reconfigured the YUN.  I have reset the AR9331 and the 32U4.  Still get the same error message.

When sing the IDE and choose Tools>ports:  Listed under Serial Ports I see /dev/cu.Bluetooth-Incoming-port but I do no see a YUN serial port.

I can open Terminal and SSH to the Yun  and I can get to the YUN by entering it's IP address into my browser.

I have searched this forum and google for hours now and think that somehow I may have destroyed my YUN.

Sorry for the long post  any help would be much appreciated.

Go Up