Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: RX/TX Issues...  (Read 769 times)
Arduino rocks
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

I'm not entirely sure whether this should go in the Processing forum or the Arduino forum, but here goes. I was having some serious issues regarding data integrity over the serial connection between Processing and my Arduino. Finally, I realized that it was because Processing was having a conflict with my RX/TX drivers. I updated the drivers, and all of my problems were solved. Or so I thought...

Well, my Processing code worked, so now it was time to make some additions to the code I had running on the Arduino. Except...the Arduino environment crashes every time I go to upload code.

My best guess is that updating my RX/TX drivers broke the Arduino dev environment. I need the old drivers to upload my code to the Arduino, but I need the new ones so that I can communicate with it. Of course, I don't even know what version Arduino was using.

I am stuck between a rock and a hard place. Can anyone help me? Is there any way to load different RX/TX drivers in Arduino and Processing? Can I get Arduino to play nice with the new drivers? (rxtx2.2pre2)

P.S. The error report won't fit. Not sure how to include it.

:edit: I deleted my RX/TX files entirely, and now everything is fixed. I guess Processing and Arduino come with their own drivers to fall back on just in case the user screws something up royally. :/edit:
« Last Edit: March 08, 2011, 10:13:54 pm by phate » Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: