Go Down

Topic: USB Bus Question (Read 272 times) previous topic - next topic

bos1714

Hello everyone!

I am designing my own board using a similar schematic as an Arduino Mega with a few twists. While designing the layout, I thought of a question. When putting down traces, Do the D- and D+ lines have to be of equal length going from the USB port to the ATmega16u2 and from there to the ATmega2560 or can one be longer than the other. What I'm concerned about is that data will take longer to travel on one line if that line has a greater length than the other. This could produce a phase shift in the signals, resulting in some data becoming corrupted. Is this really an issue or am I over thinking it?

Thanks,
bos1714
Time line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round.

spycatcher2k

Why not GOOGLE 'USB specification PCB' and see if she can help.
Mrs Drew
-=-
http://www.uk-pcb.co.uk - UK PCB Fab Company
I will design & code for you, but I will also charge you (PM me)
If you don't like my answers, realize : I'm not being cheeky, I'm Just trying to prompt you to use your own brain/google etc.

horace

have a read thru the technical documentation on a  CAN transceiver such as the MCP2561

bos1714

have a read thru the technical documentation on a  CAN transceiver such as the MCP2561
Very helpful and informative. Thanks!
Time line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round.

westfw

It is probably not critical for a usb device that only runs "full speed" ...

Go Up