Go Down

Topic: Ds3232RTC lib + BMP 280 I2c (Read 92 times) previous topic - next topic

gyandras

Hello!

I've googled it but I couldn't find any information about the following:

I have a DS3232RTC module and I'm using https://github.com/JChristensen/DS3232RTC this library and it works perfectly well. Now I would like to insert a BMP280 I2C sensor in the system so somehow I have to address the RTC module when I'm manipulating it and than the sensor.

I wasn't able to find any instruction how to address the RTC module in this case. Please advise. Thanks.

cattledog

Now I would like to insert a BMP280 I2C sensor in the system so somehow I have to address the RTC module when I'm manipulating it and than the sensor.
I wasn't able to find any instruction how to address the RTC module in this case. Please advise. Thanks.
The Christensen DS3232RTC library does that for you. The address of the RTC is at 0x68, and the library includes this code and all the addressing takes place behind the scene
Code: [Select]
// DS3232 I2C Address
#define RTC_ADDR 0x68

Koepel

The DS3232 works at 3.3V and at 5V.
The BMP280 works only at 3.3V.
Some sensor modules have a voltage regulator, some modules also have level shifters for I2C.
The basic Arduino boards are 5V Arduino boards.

What I am trying to say is this: Don't connect the BMP280 chip itself to 5V and when you connect a 5V I2C bus directly to the BMP280 then the BMP280 can get damaged.

Go Up