Go Down

Topic: [FAQ] Update my Email Address (Read 13163 times) previous topic - next topic

You can never change any address that sends e-mails to you.

Some forum software allows to change your e-mail address so you can receive those messages on a new address, but since you can't change your address here, this isn't possible with this software.
This isn't a choice by the Arduino team, it's a choice by the forum software developers.
They decided that your identity is defined by your e-mail address, so changing addresses would be like becoming a new entity.
Something for SMF, those developers, to change as soon as possible because calling that retarded would be too gentle to them, and insulting to some other people.
Have a look at "blink without delay".
Did you connect the grounds ?
Je kunt hier ook in het Nederlands terecht: http://arduino.cc/forum/index.php/board,77.0.html

Never looked what forum software that is but now checked the html and yes it's SMF.
I find the whole settings section confusing. vBulletin and phpBB are more user friendly.

So generally you can't change the email in SMF? It's not a admin thing?
How stupid is that. I changed my mail address and do not longer have the old one.

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131