Go Down

Topic: Moderation Guidelines && Applications for Moderators (Read 38734 times) previous topic - next topic

Ah, now I see it1 New specs on order ...

Ta ever so
Have a nice day

B@tto

Hi everyone,

Just a question : I would like to help the actual moderator of the french section "Jean-François" and become a moderator (in the french section). Who do I contact for more information ?
Blog électronique : battomicro.wordpress.com
Photographie : www.interactive-celebration.fr
Fablab de Montpellier : www.labsud.org

robtillaart

I log on almost every day and behave as a visitor 99% of the time (as Arduino still is a hobby)
Most of the time most spam is removed by the time I login so I guess my effective moderator-mode time is less than 30 minutes per day.
Rob Tillaart

Nederlandse sectie - http://arduino.cc/forum/index.php/board,77.0.html -
(Please do not PM for private consultancy)

CrossRoads

Spam seems to be getting heavier. I've banned I think 10 accounts already today.
I find on days when moderators are not too active, I get 15-20-25 or more messages of spam reports in my e-mail inbox.
I've been deleting all Topics & Posts when banning, figure that keeps posts from banned authors from being reported multiple times.
Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years.  Screw Shield for Mega/Due/Uno,  Bobuino with ATMega1284P, & other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  my website.

Jantje

You must make a difference between "global moderator" and "moderator of a subforum"
As "moderator of a subforum" I have not received a single spam report.
I'm fortunately enough moderator of a spam free subforum  :D
Best regards
Jantje
Do not PM me a question unless you are prepared to pay for consultancy.
Nederlandse sectie - http://arduino.cc/forum/index.php/board,77.0.html -

AWOL

What hours are you expected to put in as a moderator? I try to log on several times throughout a day but can have periods of several hours (or days) where I cannot get on due to work/family commitments.

26/7
"Pete, it's a fool looks for logic in the chambers of the human heart." Ulysses Everett McGill.
Do not send technical questions via personal messaging - they will be ignored.

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy