Go Down

Topic: Help needed to restore original pin settings! (Read 2025 times) previous topic - next topic

Coding Badly

I guess this tells me the FTDI converter is OK

Yes.

and the processor is toast?

I have no idea.  That is a very strange way to fail.  However, if I were in your shoes, I'd start shopping for a replacement.

No. I was unsuccessful with the PicStep.

From what I can tell, the PIC-STEP uses RS-232 for communications.  If that is true, the voltage levels are high enough to damage the Arduino.  Your Arduino can act as a "serial converter" but only a "TTL level serial converter" not an "RS-232 serial converter".

Yankee

From what I can tell, the PIC-STEP uses RS-232 for communications.  If that is true, the voltage levels are high enough to damage the Arduino.  Your Arduino can act as a "serial converter" but only a "TTL level serial converter" not an "RS-232 serial converter".

I wasn't using the Pic-Step board, only the chip. So I was going TTL- TTL not TTL- RS-232.
But for now I will get a new Arduino and work up a proper board for the Pic-Step with dedicated serial convertor while I try to figure out what went wrong. 

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy