Go Down

Topic: Losing Programming at startup (Read 518 times) previous topic - next topic

Hey everyone,

I just started messing around in the arduino world and so far it's a blast.  The problem I am having is that I am losing my programming everytime I unplug the USB connection on my UNO board.  As long as the board has power, it preforms as expected.  When I unplug the USB and plug it back in I get the default pin 13 flashing and nothing else.  I have to re-upload my scketch in order to get the board to run again.  Is the board supposed to reset to a default program every time there is a power cycle?  Any help would be great.

Also, how do you pronounce Arduino?

-Andrew

mowcius

This was an issue with some of the first Uno boards.
There is a problem with the bootloader code. There is a new bootloader available but that involves re-programming the bootloader which requires an ISP programmer or another arduino to act as an ISP programmer.

If you cannot re-program the new bootloader yourself then I suggest you simply get in contact with whoever you bought it from and they should be able to offer a replacement.

Thanks for the quick reply.  Looks like I will be looking into how to fix the bootloader.

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy