Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Losing Programming at startup  (Read 393 times)
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

Hey everyone,

I just started messing around in the arduino world and so far it's a blast.  The problem I am having is that I am losing my programming everytime I unplug the USB connection on my UNO board.  As long as the board has power, it preforms as expected.  When I unplug the USB and plug it back in I get the default pin 13 flashing and nothing else.  I have to re-upload my scketch in order to get the board to run again.  Is the board supposed to reset to a default program every time there is a power cycle?  Any help would be great.

Also, how do you pronounce Arduino?

-Andrew

North Yorkshire, UK
Faraday Member
View Profile

This was an issue with some of the first Uno boards.
There is a problem with the bootloader code. There is a new bootloader available but that involves re-programming the bootloader which requires an ISP programmer or another arduino to act as an ISP programmer.

If you cannot re-program the new bootloader yourself then I suggest you simply get in contact with whoever you bought it from and they should be able to offer a replacement.

View Profile

Thanks for the quick reply.  Looks like I will be looking into how to fix the bootloader.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: