Go Down

Topic: rsapi.dll witch Excel VB, replace with arduino?? (Read 349 times) previous topic - next topic

pissten

Jun 01, 2018, 12:04 pm Last Edit: Jun 01, 2018, 12:07 pm by pissten
Hi,

I'm very interessted in using my arduino to read serial data from my outboards PCU/ECU device. I have got a software to interface with the pcu using excel (VB and rsapi.dll)
Unfortunatly there's no communication protocol information from the PCU manufacturer, So I will need to reverse engineer the excel communication.

Are there anyone in this forum who knows how to go about this? Does anyone know how the rsapi driver works, source code, etc??

Any help would be truly appreciated.

Best regards
Chris

Riva

IIRC rsapi.dll is a library to handle serial comms so you could maybe hack a suitable serial cable to put a RS232 to TTL converter inline and connect this to an Arduino to log the serial data being sent/received.
Or you could use a logic analyser to do the same thing.
It would help if you supplied details of what make/model of outboard your talking about and/or the ECU it uses.
Don't PM me for help as I will ignore it.

pissten

Hi Riva,

Thanks for your reply.
I've now been in contact with the author of the raspi.dll, and got alot of help..
Will be trying to connect to my Brucato PCU using a Arduino rs232/ttl converter, as you suggested.

thanks
Chris

Riva

I did not look as I prefer not to run unknown macro coded excel but are the macros password protected or can you see them?
Being able to view them will go a long way to working out the protocol.
Don't PM me for help as I will ignore it.

Go Up