Go Down

Topic: I've had it with this BS (Read 3600 times) previous topic - next topic

Terry King

Dude, I don't have anything to say that's not a cliche'...  And 54 years ago, when I was 17 and about equally Nerdy  :0 I wasn't ready to hear what is the truth:

This (High School as Temporary Reality), Too, will pass.  And the AdoubleSHoles will be missing out on all the fun and challenges you will have.

HERE, which is a Community of people who give a Sh.. and figure things out for themselves and help each other and which is people like that all over the World, IS Reality. And you're part of it, Here.

My friend Josiah Longo from the New York band "Gandalf Murphy" wrote this, which is one of my favorite songs:

--( excerpt)--
... we ever fit in anyway
We never fit in anywhere
Only here, and we know here is not perceived reality
We never fit in anyway
We never fit in anywhere
I don't care cause I know here is where I always want to be
--(end)--

Rest of the lyrics are here:
http://www.slambovia.com/lyrics-gt.html#Anchor-Never-37254

And the song is here:
http://terryking.us/WeNeverFitInAnyway(live%202004-11-13).mp3

...see you around.

Regards, Terry King  ..On the Red Sea at KAUST.edu.sa
terry@yourduino.com  LEARN! DO! (Arduino Boards, Sensors, Parts @ http://yourduino.com

Valalvax

You know.... I think you're into old-school rock.... just a hunch...

CrossRoads

Good stuff,  that old-school rock...
Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years.  Screw Shield for Mega/Due/Uno,  Bobuino with ATMega1284P, & other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  my website.

AWOL

Good stuff,  that old-school rock

When I was at school, rock and an antler chisel were all we had.
"Pete, it's a fool looks for logic in the chambers of the human heart." Ulysses Everett McGill.
Do not send technical questions via personal messaging - they will be ignored.

The saying around our house is, "We don't listen to the haters."  There's plenty of them, so it's useful to get good at tuning them out.

Nick Gammon

If people are spraying water around electronic components I would be complaining. If that isn't feasible, then try to work at home. How much of "showing up on the day" do you actually have to do to pass? Sounds like not much, if not many people are doing it.

As for later, you will do fine if you know your stuff. Doesn't matter what paper you have (like college degrees) or who you know. Ultimately employers want to hire people who know their stuff. Set yourself personal goals and try to reach those. Ask for help from people (like here) who aren't crazy.

As for your teachers, I have a bit of sympathy for them. Dealing with these idiots isn't fun. And technology keeps changing. Heck, when I started doing electronics it was all valves and working with hundreds of volts, and you got a nasty shock if you weren't paying attention.

As for flying, that's fun too. Bearing in mind that at least your fellow pilots are likely to be reasonably competent and healthy, as they have to have a medical every couple of years, and a flight check. Unlike some of the idiots on the road who are probably legally blind and deaf but still keep driving, because they never, ever, have to be re-tested for physical capacity to drive. Or knowledge of road laws. Or competence.
Please post technical questions on the forum, not by personal message. Thanks!

More info:
http://www.gammon.com.au/electronics

mowcius

..people (like here) who aren't crazy.

Oh I don't know about that :D

Unlike some of the idiots on the road who are probably legally blind and deaf but still keep driving, because they never, ever, have to be re-tested for physical capacity to drive. Or knowledge of road laws. Or competence.

Agreed - there are far too many elderly people (or sometimes not so elderly) who shouldn't still be driving. Their argument would be 'oh I need the car to travel and get places' - yeah but at what possible cost to other people's lives.

Go Up