Go Down

Topic: Using empty UNO board to program external ATmega328 (Read 2 times) previous topic - next topic

markp912

Thanks for the tip. What is a good FTDI programmer with USB to program an ATMega328 chip?

CrossRoads

I have been using this one to program prominis since August.
http://www.gravitech.us/arliandpropr.html
Have seen complaints about the newer model and it surface mount connector cracking traces & stuff.
The thru-hole has been solid for me. I put mating 0.025" square pins on my prominis.
Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years. Check out the ATMega1284P based Bobuino and other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  www.crossroadsfencing.com/BobuinoRev17.
Arduino for Teens available at Amazon.com.

markp912

Thank you for the link! I am trying to program a chip to read RFID card tags. I have an ATmega328 chip and also an UNO arduino. I dont understand the marking on the UNO. Does 1 on the UNO also correspond to 1 on the ATmega328 chip and so on? I cant seem to figure out out how each pin numbering on the UNO corresponds to the ATmega328 chip.

CrossRoads

Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years. Check out the ATMega1284P based Bobuino and other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  www.crossroadsfencing.com/BobuinoRev17.
Arduino for Teens available at Amazon.com.

Go Up