Go Down

Topic: Solenoid Orchestra Help (Read 563 times) previous topic - next topic

CodoC

Hey forum, I am building a solenoid orchestra.  The system as I see it, is roughly like this:

I phone OSC ----- MAX/MSP ----- Arduino ----- 5 Relays/Arduino solenoid schematic ---- Five Solenoids
[font=Verdana][font=Verdana](                    Data Flow OSC                )(                                 Electronics                                   )   [/font][/font]

I might use Ableton to sequence Midi to Max so I can control the solenoids.                           

I have a few questions:

1)  Will I need to bridge Max/Msp and the Arduino control with an Arduino/processing app or do you know if I can go right from Max to Arduino?

2)  Will I be able to use OSC through the whole system or should I convert to Midi at some point. 

3) Also I will be using a Iphone app that outputs OSC based on conways game of life.  It looks like conway's game of life generates, multiple, seemingly random osc data.  If I am using 5 Solenoids how do I use this data to trigger the Solenoids in a meaningful way.  Maybe each solenoid can be triggered by a range of triggers?  Any thoughts?

3)Any other advice?  Has anyone seen a project summary of the same type online somewhere?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy