Go Down

Topic: Question about Driver DIP Switches (Read 214 times) previous topic - next topic

Dmdtrain

Hello,

Could someone explain how changing the DIP switches on a driver (for stepping not amperage) effects the movement of the motor.

For example: If I switch my driver from [{S1-OFF S2-OFF S3-ON} (MS 16, P/R 3200)] to [{S1-OFF S2-OFF S3-OFF} (MS 32, P/R 6400)] is it a flat increase in distance travelled? So instead of 2" of travel per se it would travel 4"?

Thank you,
D

Robin2

Jun 18, 2018, 11:17 pm Last Edit: Jun 18, 2018, 11:18 pm by Robin2
You need to provide a link to the datasheet for your stepper driver.

...R
Stepper Motor Basics
Simple Stepper Code
Two or three hours spent thinking and reading documentation solves most programming problems.

Dmdtrain

You need to provide a link to the datasheet for your stepper driver.

...R
Stepper Motor Basics
Simple Stepper Code

https://www.amazon.com/MYSWEETY-TB6600-Stepper-Driver-Controller/dp/B01MYMK1G9/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1529356974&sr=8-4&keywords=microstep+driver the only data I can find is the info on the amazon page I bought it from

Robin2

The various settings seem to be printed on the cover. Take a photo of that and of the DIP switches and post them here. See this  Simple Image Guide

...R
Two or three hours spent thinking and reading documentation solves most programming problems.

MarkT

changing from 1/16 microstepping to 1/32 microstepping reduces the effect of a step by a factor of two
(hardly surprizing if you think about it - the steps are smaller)
[ I will NOT respond to personal messages, I WILL delete them, use the forum please ]

Go Up