Go Down

Topic: Deleting Accounnt (Read 582 times) previous topic - next topic

westfw

Well, I had heard of this "right to be forgotten" thing in Europe, and looked up more details to see if it might apply.
I included that segment precisely because I thought it was pretty much excluding things like the Arduino forum, but it IS a bit ambiguous.
(and I agree with you that probably the OP's posts don't qualify.)

OTOH, playing devils advocate: "I'm submitting resumes to real companies and I don't want their hiring people to be able to look me up and notice how recently I was asking completely clueless questions."

Robin2

Jun 16, 2018, 10:07 am Last Edit: Jun 16, 2018, 10:08 am by Robin2
OTOH, playing devils advocate: "I'm submitting resumes to real companies and I don't want their hiring people to be able to look me up and notice how recently I was asking completely clueless questions."
Playing the devil's devil's advocate I would argue that from the prospective employer's point of view those Posts would be especially relevant and deleting or editing them would be a form of fraud - getting a job by false pretences. (Mind you that is not phenomenon that was created by the internet :) )

It's easy to see how some lawyers are wealthy :)

...R
Two or three hours spent thinking and reading documentation solves most programming problems.

Coding Badly

My old name still appears on several topics/posts.
Your name or your moniker?

Go Up