Go Down

Topic: Accessing Profile (Read 347 times) previous topic - next topic

cattledog

When I try to access my Profile by clicking on my avatar and selecting "Profile" is says "Loading" until a time out. I'm using Windows 10 with a Chrome browser.

Is "Profile" broken? Is there another way to access saved Drafts?

pert

Works for me with Windows 10 and Chrome or Firefox, though that page is pretty slow to load. I've noticed the Arduino product pages are always really slow to load also.

Try this direct link:
https://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?action=profile;area=showdrafts;u=252417

cattledog

Thank you. The link to the profile and the drafts actually works from the avatar beside each post. It gets stuck on loading when selected from the avatar in the fixed band at the top of the web page with the search icon and the shopping bag.

Coding Badly

Mine is slow to load.  Took about five seconds.

Are you still not able to access yours?

cattledog

Are you still not able to access yours?
Not from the round avatar image in the top bar of the website. I can get to the profile only from the square avatar image next to the posting.

pert

I can get to mine from either. The open two separate pages. The one on the top bar is the website profile page (which has a link to the forum profile) and the one next to the post is straight to the forum profile.

Coding Badly

I'm using Windows 10 with a Chrome browser.
Ditto.

Does turning off anti-virus make a difference?

cattledog

Does turning off anti-virus make a difference?
No.

I can get to mine from either. The open two separate pages. The one on the top bar is the website profile page (which has a link to the forum profile) and the one next to the post is straight to the forum profile.
Thanks for this explanation. I finds the website profile page with the link to the forum profile to be useful for navigating to the drafts or posts section without having to find one of your posts in the forum. At this point I know there is a workaround and I've made a desktop shortcut to the forum profile.

The website profile link worked perfectly until yesterday, so here's hoping it comes back for me.

cattledog

The website profile page is now working again for me. There is new content on the page relating to privacy settings and I think the store. My assumption is that the link was down for me while the page was being revised.

Coding Badly

Thank you for the follow-up.

Go Up