Go Down

Topic: Create a sort of arduino plugin with Visual C# (Read 287 times) previous topic - next topic

gbarberio

Hi all,

I have some questions:
- Which type of application arduino plugin is? Is it a service, background application or which other?
- Can I create a similar plugin with Visual C#?

I want to create an application that permits to Arduino UNO, by USB-serial port, to interact with my MySql server.

Thank you in advance for any suggestions.

Regards.
Giuseppe

Robin2

What is an "Arduino plugin" - where did you come across the idea?

You can easily communicate with an Arduino using any PC programming language that can communicate using a serial port. That certainly includes C#.

...R
Two or three hours spent thinking and reading documentation solves most programming problems.

gbarberio

Robin2 for your information: Arduino plugin is used for programming Arduino boards by Arduino Web Editor in place of Arduino IDE (desktop application).

Anyway thanks for your reply.

Giuseppe

Robin2

Jun 19, 2018, 06:43 pm Last Edit: Jun 19, 2018, 06:44 pm by Robin2
I have only used the Arduino IDE on my laptop.

From your Original Post it seems as if all you want to do is write a C# program that can receive data from an Arduino over a USB cable (serial connection) and save it to a MySQL database on your PC.

That should not be difficult to do. I don't use Windows myself (only Linux) so I am not familiar with C# but I'm sure it can do anything that Python can do.

...R
Two or three hours spent thinking and reading documentation solves most programming problems.

Go Up