Just to report back - using the pcb from the flash unit of a disposable camera worked really well.I replaced the big 330V electrolytic with a 1nF 1kv cap and tweeked the voltage on my bench PSU to get 400V (right for my tube). I used a 10M resistor from 400V to the anode of the tube and a 470K resistor from cathode to GND. This gave me a 4V pulse for each event across the 470k resistor - just right for an Arduino!As a test source I took apart a smoke detector which ups it from about 20 counts per min to several hundred - my tube is beta and gamma only.
the ones we use are real expensive
Please enter a valid email to subscribe
We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the
email we just sent you.
Thank you for subscribing!
via Egeo 16