Go Down

Topic: Making commercial cell phone (Read 3443 times) previous topic - next topic

Senso

So, can you design a PCB?
Can you design the antenna, or even solder those SMD modules?
Or be able to program all the functions, or the analog section of the microphone?
There is a lot to learn, and I dont see what is the target market for that kind of device..

bilbo

So, can you design a PCB?
Can you design the antenna, or even solder those SMD modules?
Or be able to program all the functions, or the analog section of the microphone?
There is a lot to learn, and I dont see what is the target market for that kind of device..

@Senso I have a feeling that the OP defines designing a cellphone as attaching a readymade GSM shield to an arduino board, but maybe I'm wrong.

@OP   Out of curiousity, why do you want to build this in the first place?
Alice asked the Chesire Cat, who was sitting in a tree, "What road do I take?"
The cat asked, "Where do you want to go?"
"I don't know," Ali

daveg360

Lighten up folks.  I bet more than half of you have spent more on parts to make your own version of something + tons of time.  Many of us around here do it and call it fun.  I certainly do.
@OP - what is your final goal?  I'm imagining some sort of mobile for old folks or perhaps for remote areas.
If your system involves lethal voltages/life critical/flamable elements - you probably shouldn't need to ask.
The Arduino != PC.

Grumpy_Mike

Statements such as above made me assume that majority of approvals related to HW/communication standards are taken care by these providers already = I (=small registered company) can simply use these modules with minimal extra efforts on certifications(as long as I have official agreement with the supplier) and release a product.

No it is not.

Any use of pre approved components in a system still has to be tested and approved in a commercially recognised test house. Just because all the parts of a system are individually approved doesn't mean the system as a whole is approved. Just ask the FCC. It also doesn't guarantee that such a system will actually pass the tests.

The details will depend on the regulator in the market but it is not an easy task selling anything that emits RF.

Terry King

Regards, Terry King  ..On the Red Sea at KAUST.edu.sa
terry@yourduino.com  LEARN! DO! (Arduino Boards, Sensors, Parts @ http://yourduino.com

wford

Mar 24, 2011, 12:54 pm Last Edit: Mar 24, 2011, 01:03 pm by wford Reason: 1
Here is another one...

http://www.sparkfun.com/products/287

They include a schematic

Would have to point out, it uses a PIC, not arduino.

Go Up