Go Down

Topic: OP labeled in Reply (Read 297 times) previous topic - next topic

ReverseEMF

Jun 25, 2018, 04:56 pm Last Edit: Jun 25, 2018, 04:58 pm by ReverseEMF
Sometimes, when a thread gets very long, it's easy to lose track of who the Original Poster [OP] is.  I find I have to click/scroll back to the first post to remind myself -- especially if it's a thread I was away from for awhile, or if I'm attending more than one conversation.

What would be SWEET is if in that area, to the left, where all the Poster's information is displayed, there, also, was included a little "OP icon" or simply an "OP" in some bold or otherwise singular font feature.  That way, I could easily tell if I'm replying to the OP, or to someone else asking a question, or generally sounding like the OP.

Please save us from the potential embarrassment of making this mistake:P :D ;)
"It's a big galaxy, Mr. Scott"

Please DON'T Private Message to me, what should be part of the Public Conversation -- especially if it's to correct a mistake, or contradict a statement!  Let it ALL hang out!!

Robin2

Agree completely. I suggested that years ago.

...R
Two or three hours spent thinking and reading documentation solves most programming problems.

ReverseEMF

Jun 26, 2018, 07:10 am Last Edit: Jun 26, 2018, 07:19 am by ReverseEMF
Agree completely. I suggested that years ago.

...R
Cool ... then consider my post a Vote for your suggestion :)

...but, years ago, huh?  Doesn't give one confidence this will ever come to pass. In fact, I get the impression that development has ended on this site.  I mean, it would be a very easy thing to implement!! 

I mean, especially if this forum is database driven, as it should be.  Worst case, the identity of the poster could be compared with the identity of the first post, and if they match, then display the "OP" indication. 
"It's a big galaxy, Mr. Scott"

Please DON'T Private Message to me, what should be part of the Public Conversation -- especially if it's to correct a mistake, or contradict a statement!  Let it ALL hang out!!

Robin2

but, years ago, huh?  Doesn't give one confidence this will ever come to pass.
None whatever.

Unfortunately the Arduino Forum developers don't read this Forum and take very little notice of their customers.

...R
Two or three hours spent thinking and reading documentation solves most programming problems.

Go Up