Go Down

Topic: uploading Sketch using programmer  (Read 156 times) previous topic - next topic

bemin

There is two ways to upload a sketch to any arduino board
1- connecting the board directly to the PC and using the upload button
2- connecting the board to a ISP programmer and clicking " Upload using programmer"

I'm interested in the 2nd method , Does anyone know how to upload the sketch usign programmer from the command line using averdud or Arduino ?

thanks
Bemin

septillion

If you turn on verbose output for uploading you can see the command. For me:
C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\arduino\tools\avrdude\6.3.0-arduino9/bin/avrdude -CC:\Users\user\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\arduino\tools\avrdude\6.3.0-arduino9/etc/avrdude.conf -v -patmega328p -carduino -PCOM1 -b115200 -D -Uflash:w:C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_398779/sketch_jul04a.ino.hex:i
Use fricking code tags!!!!
I want x => I would like x, I need help => I would like help, Need fast => Go and pay someone to do the job...

NEW Library to make fading leds a piece of cake
https://github.com/septillion-git/FadeLed

pert

2- connecting the board to a ISP programmer and clicking " Upload using programmer"

I'm interested in the 2nd method , Does anyone know how to upload the sketch usign programmer from the command line using averdud or Arduino ?
As for using Arduino, you already answered your own question.

Remember that when you do Upload Using Programmer it erases the bootloader from your Arduino board so you need to do a Tools > Burn Bootloader before you can go back to uploading via method (1) again.

bemin

If you turn on verbose output for uploading you can see the command. For me:
C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\arduino\tools\avrdude\6.3.0-arduino9/bin/avrdude -CC:\Users\user\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\arduino\tools\avrdude\6.3.0-arduino9/etc/avrdude.conf -v -patmega328p -carduino -PCOM1 -b115200 -D -Uflash:w:C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_398779/sketch_jul04a.ino.hex:i
yes that worked I tried it !! do you know what is the code for compiling i cant find it lol

thanks

tf68

Enable verbose output for compilation.

Go Up