Go Down

Topic: ESP32 - WPA2 Enterprise (802.1x) (Read 3197 times) previous topic - next topic

martinius96

Jul 05, 2018, 06:44 pm Last Edit: Feb 21, 2019, 01:38 pm by martinius96
I have made sketch for ESP32 board that let it connect to WPA/WPA2 Enterprise network. Tested under local WLAN with RADIUS server and Eduroam. Not tested under network with TACACS, only RADIUS with methods: PEAP + MsCHAPv2

Enjoy and let me know if it is working in your university, local 802.1x network. Some users had problems in USA and Russia.
Arduino and website programmer

martinius96

Dear friends. In new verison of Arduino core for ESP32 is new requirement - init hardware with Wifi.mode function (AP/STA/AP+STA).

PaulRowntree

Dear friends. In new verison of Arduino core for ESP32 is new requirement - init hardware with Wifi.mode function (AP/STA/AP+STA).
Does this enable wpa2 on other networks?
Thanks!

martinius96

ShoootLight

Dec 17, 2018, 09:01 am Last Edit: Dec 17, 2018, 09:02 am by ShoootLight
Hey,
first of all thank you for your work!
I got a problem according to the settings/config.
I need to connect to my network with the following config:
EAP-Method:
PEAP
Phase 2-Authentication:
MSCHAPV2
CA-certificate:
do not validate

and of course identy and password

But in your code it's just the default config that I can't change.

Code: [Select]
esp_wpa2_config_t config = WPA2_CONFIG_INIT_DEFAULT(); //set config settings to default
esp_wifi_sta_wpa2_ent_enable(&config); //set config settings to enable function

Is the config in any way accessable and changeable?

PS: Sorry for my bad english and the not 100% accurate technical terms.

Yours sincerely
Stephan Pelowski

martinius96

Dec 17, 2018, 10:32 am Last Edit: Jan 23, 2019, 12:22 am by martinius96
Sketches are not available more.
Only for ask at: martinius96@gmail.com

martinius96

I have made some examples to popular IoT portals, etc for enterprise connections to eduroam networks or similar under 802.1x (WPA/WPA2 Enterprise) with ESP32 and June 2018 Arduino core.
Available services in repo:
  • Cayenne MQTT - MySensors
  • Amazon web services IoT (AWS-IoT)
  • Microsoft Azure IoT
  • AskSensors
  • IBM Watson Bluemix
  • ThinX Cloud
  • ThingSpeak
  • ThingsBoard
  • ThingWorx
  • Samsung Artik IoT
  • User's HTTP/HTTPS requests to own backend or MQTT connection with topic posting.

martinius96

Today I have tested newest Arduino core for ESP32 and it worked great! Connection sucessful under PEAP + MsCHAPv2. So.. You don't need to downgrade your Arduino cores for ESP32 boards.

joodaa

Today I have tested newest Arduino core for ESP32 and it worked great! Connection sucessful under PEAP + MsCHAPv2. So.. You don't need to downgrade your Arduino cores for ESP32 boards.
Do you think this would work for a ESP8266? Also, I can't see the code anywhere, and are there any libraries to download with it?

martinius96

No, it will not work.
you need to use esp_wpa2.h library.
But you need to use all dependencies, and it will not work, cuz. ESP8266 don't have enough RAM for that.

Go Up