Go Down

Topic: A4988 PCB (Read 537 times) previous topic - next topic

Francisco-Colli

Jul 07, 2018, 06:08 am Last Edit: Jul 08, 2018, 01:18 am by Francisco-Colli
What do you think about this A4988 PCB Mini Circuit? it connects RESET with SLEEP, GND to GND. Also, it has some terminals for 1A, 1B, 2A, 2B, DIR, STEP, and VDD

Circuit

PCB

FINALLY IT WORKED!! I MAKE A 2 A4988 CIRCUIT

Robin2

There is a good diagram of the connections on the Pololu A4988 web page.

Please make your image visible. See this Simple Image Guide

...R
Stepper Motor Basics
Simple Stepper Code

Two or three hours spent thinking and reading documentation solves most programming problems.

MorganS

I wasn't aware the A4988 came in a through-hole version. Unless you just made a breakout for a breakout?

PCB designs are write-only. Reading them is pretty much impossible. (As opposed to reverse-engineering an example where you have the components to look at too.)

If you want feedback on your circuit, start by showing the schematic.
"The problem is in the code you didn't post."

Francisco-Colli

The circuit is posted!!

jremington

Jul 07, 2018, 07:44 pm Last Edit: Jul 07, 2018, 08:02 pm by jremington
A4988 package:

Robin2

Jul 07, 2018, 07:58 pm Last Edit: Jul 07, 2018, 08:06 pm by Robin2
Considering the low price of an A4988 module I can't see the point of a DIY version.

The OP's circuit has no current sensing resistors and they are an essential part of a stepper motor driver.

Just had a thought ... maybe the OP's PCB is intended to take a Pololu A4988 module and make it easier to connect to?

...R
Two or three hours spent thinking and reading documentation solves most programming problems.

Francisco-Colli

Considering the low price of an A4988 module I can't see the point of a DIY version.

The OP's circuit has no current sensing resistors and they are an essential part of a stepper motor driver.

Just had a thought ... maybe the OP's PCB is intended to take a Pololu A4988 module and make it easier to connect to?

...R
Yup It`s just made for simplifying the connections

Francisco-Colli

Robin2

Are the PCB traces for motor power capable of carrying the current?

...R

Francisco-Colli

...R
I forgot it, but the motor runs at 24v, i think the PCB traces are power capable of carrying 24v

jremington

The motor current destroys PCB traces, not the voltage.

Francisco-Colli

...R
Motor current is 1.5A

Robin2

Motor current is 1.5A
Can your PCB traces comfortably carry that much current?

...R

Francisco-Colli

Can your PCB traces comfortably carry that much current?

...R
I don`t know, can i test it or something?

Robin2

Jul 12, 2018, 07:41 pm Last Edit: Jul 12, 2018, 07:42 pm by Robin2
I don`t know, can i test it or something?

What does Google say about the current carrying capability of PCB tracks?

What would you do if you discovered that the tracks are not able to carry the current?

...R

Go Up