Go Down

Topic: Servo requiring separate power and ground (Read 326 times) previous topic - next topic

kv07

I have attached a Servo (fairly small) to my circuit along with an Ultrasonic sensor, the Servo works properly when it's given standalone supply and ground in the Arduino pin, but doesn't work when it shares a common power and ground with the Ultrasonic sensor in the breadboard. What can be the reason?

bos1714

I have attached a Servo (fairly small) to my circuit along with an Ultrasonic sensor, the Servo works properly when it's given standalone supply and ground in the Arduino pin, but doesn't work when it shares a common power and ground with the Ultrasonic sensor in the breadboard. What can be the reason?
It could very well be a power problem. Perhaps your Arduino cannot supply enough current to the servo to run it. If possible, does your independent power supply say how much current it is supplying the servo?
Time line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round.

slipstick

Servos, even fairly small ones, use quite a lot of current. Breadboards often cannot handle quite a lot of current. Servos and anything else that uses motors should always have directly connected power, not via a breadboard and not via the Arduino.

Steve

nielyay

shares a common power and ground with the Ultrasonic sensor in the breadboard.
Servos need a external power supply, the current flows just from arduino isnt enough to supply, and even you use the ultrasonic, give 6v external supply(use battery) + - into the servo.

Go Up