Go Down

Topic: Using Arduino to decode a home security system protocol: DSC Keybus Interface (Read 550 times) previous topic - next topic

taligentx

Hi folks,

Thanks to this discussion on AVR Freaks and the Arduino framework I've been able to decode quite a bit of the DSC Keybus protocol and written a library to interface to these common security systems, available for installation through the Arduino and PlatformIO library managers:

https://github.com/taligentx/dscKeybusInterface

The examples show how to integrate with Home Assistant, Apple HomeKit, Athom Homey, MQTT, email, push notifications, and a Blynk app for a virtual keypad.

On the Arduino hardware side, the code demonstrates using pin change hardware interrupts and the AVR Timer1 interrupt to capture an external data signal without using polling or blocking delays.

Thanks to all of the early testers and feedback the library has reached a stable 1.0 release so it's time to spread the word a bit and see how else it can be useful for users with other hardware and platforms (for example, SmartThings and openHAB).  Feedback is welcome!

Thanks,
Nikhil

Watcher

Nice job.

I also wanted to read / interface to the bus of Satel Integra alarm syatems but couldnt figure out where to start from.

taligentx

Nice job.

I also wanted to read / interface to the bus of Satel Integra alarm syatems but couldnt figure out where to start from.
Thanks! If there isn't documentation on the protocol from Satel, I would start by capturing data with a logic analyzer and see if you can determine any patterns in the data.  The thread I linked to AVR Freaks is a good example of how others did this for the DSC protocol.  If the Satel protocol is not encrypted, you should be able to see data bits change during activity on the panel.

Go Up