Go Down

Topic: Writing Time/Date Data to RFID (Read 134 times) previous topic - next topic

berkayozbek

Jul 11, 2018, 11:52 am Last Edit: Jul 11, 2018, 11:54 am by berkayozbek
Hello all,

I am working on a system that can save the date and time when desired action occurs (i.e. when capacitance changes).

I used DS3231 and succesfully got the date and time. However, it might be done with the internal crystal of the atmega328p.

By the way, im planning to use atmega328p instead of arduino to use it on PCB.

Once i get the date and time info, i need to write it to a RFID System that will be read by another reader at another place.

In first try, i used MFRC522 and succesfully save the data i got to EEPROM of the MIFARE Classic Tag and succesfully read it with arduino based reader which is set up with MFRC522 as well on the serial port screen of arduino.

However, the problem is that my supervisor want me to do the operation without MFRC522 and MIFARE Classic Tag. He doesn't want an extra layer on our main PCB. He told me that i needed to design the RFID system that includes chip and coil and integrate it to our main PCB. He says that we dont need read operation in our system. We just need to write data to the system that i will design and it will be read by another reader.

I don't know whether it is possible or not. How can i save the data i will get to the system i will design which includes chip and coil ? Is it possible to design or is there any already designed schematic for PCB's which can act as MIFARE CLASSIC ? And How can i read it with MFRC522 ?

Thank you so much.

pylon

However, it might be done with the internal crystal of the atmega328p.
The ATmega328p doesn't include a crystal. Do you mean the crystal of the Arduino or the oscillator of the ATmega328p?

He told me that i needed to design the RFID system that includes chip and coil and integrate it to our main PCB.
The MFRC522 is such a "chip" and the coil or antenna is usually part of the PCB. So it looks you boss wants you to integrate that breakout board you probably bought into your own PCB.

Is it possible to design or is there any already designed schematic for PCB's which can act as MIFARE CLASSIC ?
Yes, that board you already have is an example for it.

berkayozbek

Firstly, thank you so much for you answer.

"However, it might be done with the internal crystal of the atmega328p."

I didn't want to say just atmega328p, i tried to say the working standalone circuit with external 16 MHz crystal and 22pF capacitors as in the link: https://www.arduino.cc/en/Tutorial/ArduinoToBreadboard

"The MFRC522 is such a "chip" and the coil or antenna is usually part of the PCB. So it looks you boss wants you to integrate that breakout board you probably bought into your own PCB."

But i couldn't find the components of mfrc522 seperately, i just find the whole system which we don't want to use. We want to put its controller to our PCB and its antenna around our PCB as we have space for them in our main design. After searching a little bit, I ordered some components which are ( https://www.mouser.se/datasheet/2/302/NT3H2111_2211-1127378.pdf and antenna: https://www.mouser.se/datasheet/2/336/-253143.pdf) But Im not sure that i can set the circuit just like mfrc522 with these two components. Even if i could set the circuit and read the system, i don't know how to program these components via arduino interface.

I think we are trying to just put a RFID Tag circuitry to our PCB and send the data directly from the atmega328p to RFID Tag without any external thing like mfrc522. Is it possible to send data to rfid tag circuitry from the atmega328p ?

Thank you so much.

pylon

But i couldn't find the components of mfrc522 seperately
With a simple Google search I found the chip at digikey.

Is it possible to send data to rfid tag circuitry from the atmega328p ?
Without the antenna and the RFID chip? No. You need a chip like the MFRC522 for that.

Go Up