Go Down

Topic: Mama needs help (Read 89 times) previous topic - next topic

BradshawArd

Please y'all I have read everything, tried everything, and I am at a loss. I am running Mac 10.8.5 and IDE 1.8.5. We have a Elegoo Uno R3 board. My son is a brand new Arduino owner (like got it yesterday) and we cannot get it to compile anything. He is so discouraged and I don't know how to help. We are just trying to run the Example Blink Sketch.

This is the error code:

Arduino: 1.8.5 (Mac OS X), Board: "Arduino/Genuino Uno"

/Users/lee/Desktop/Arduino.app/Contents/Java/arduino-builder -dump-prefs -logger=machine -hardware /Users/lee/Desktop/Arduino.app/Contents/Java/hardware -tools /Users/lee/Desktop/Arduino.app/Contents/Java/tools-builder -tools /Users/lee/Desktop/Arduino.app/Contents/Java/hardware/tools/avr -built-in-libraries /Users/lee/Desktop/Arduino.app/Contents/Java/libraries -libraries /Users/lee/Documents/Arduino/libraries -fqbn=arduino:avr:uno -ide-version=10805 -build-path /var/folders/mr/6dcby5tx0738y0pdz5lhch640000gn/T/arduino_build_794547 -warnings=none -build-cache /var/folders/mr/6dcby5tx0738y0pdz5lhch640000gn/T/arduino_cache_546069 -prefs=build.warn_data_percentage=75 -prefs=runtime.tools.avr-gcc.path=/Users/lee/Desktop/Arduino.app/Contents/Java/hardware/tools/avr -prefs=runtime.tools.arduinoOTA.path=/Users/lee/Desktop/Arduino.app/Contents/Java/hardware/tools/avr -prefs=runtime.tools.avrdude.path=/Users/lee/Desktop/Arduino.app/Contents/Java/hardware/tools/avr -verbose /Users/lee/Documents/Arduino/MyBlink/MyBlink.ino
fatal error: runtime: bsdthread_register error (unset DYLD_INSERT_LIBRARIES)

runtime stack:
runtime.throw(0x183b20, 0x3f)
   /home/jenkins/go/src/runtime/panic.go:566 +0x95 fp=0x7fff5fbff760 sp=0x7fff5fbff740
runtime.goenvs()
   /home/jenkins/go/src/runtime/os_darwin.go:86 +0x85 fp=0x7fff5fbff790 sp=0x7fff5fbff760
runtime.schedinit()
   /home/jenkins/go/src/runtime/proc.go:450 +0x9c fp=0x7fff5fbff7d0 sp=0x7fff5fbff790
runtime.rt0_go(0x7fff5fbff808, 0x1a, 0x7fff5fbff808, 0x0, 0x0, 0x1a, 0x7fff5fbff9c0, 0x7fff5fbff9fd, 0x7fff5fbffa09, 0x7fff5fbffa19, ...)
   /home/jenkins/go/src/runtime/asm_amd64.s:145 +0x14f fp=0x7fff5fbff7d8 sp=0x7fff5fbff7d0
/Users/lee/Desktop/Arduino.app/Contents/Java/arduino-builder returned 2

Error compiling for board Arduino/Genuino Uno.

I have no idea what all that means. But see where it keeps saying "jenkins"? That is my landlord's computer, which isn't even in the building. Is this part of the issue. Y'all are so smart. My 11 year old just really wants to get this little light to blink. Can you help us?

pert

Ignore the jenkins thing. That's the name of Arduino's build system so that's normal. The error you need to focus on is this:
Code: [Select]
fatal error: runtime: bsdthread_register error (unset DYLD_INSERT_LIBRARIES)
If you search for some of those keywords and add the keyword "go" you will get some relevant information. It looks like this is a problem caused by a program like an antivirus software or adware running on the computer. Which is causing an incompatibility with the Go programming language used by one of the Arduino IDE's components.

Since it's not your computer you might not be allowed to fix this. The workaround would be to use Arduino IDE 1.6.5, which you can download here:
https://www.arduino.cc/en/Main/OldSoftwareReleases#previous
That version should not have the problem because it was the last Arduino IDE version befor they added that component that's written in Go. It's somewhat unfortunate to use an old IDE version but a beginner probably won't miss any of the improvements that have been made since.

The other workaround would be to use the Arduino Web Editor:
https://create.arduino.cc/editor

BradshawArd

Oh thank you! I downloaded IDE 1.6.5 and it uploaded! It is my computer so I can try to sort out the adware or whatever to be able to update later but for now you have saved us. Little man is so excited. Thank you again.

pert

Oh, I guess I misunderstood you. I thought you meant you were using your landlord's computer.

I'm very glad to hear it's working. Enjoy!
Per

Go Up