Go Down

Topic: Arduino Nano ATmega328P problem uploading code while UNO & MEGA are OK [solved] (Read 226 times) previous topic - next topic

dvavajiva

Hello,

Arduino Nano ATmega328P cannot be recognized with "Board Info" in installed Arduino IDE 1.8.5, neither upload any code (I receive an error - "avrdude: stk500_getsync(): not in sync: resp=0x00").

I have searched the web for a few days and couldn't resolve it.
First things first:
- I have a genuine Arduino Nano board (not cheap aliexpress version)
- correclty installed FTDI drivers
- port COM4 correctly recognized in device manager
- I work on windows 10 installed on MSI GL62 laptop

In the mean time, I can read info from UNO or MEGA and codes are uploaded to them with no problems.

I have tried online Arduino Creator and the code uploads to this NANO (I tried blink code and played with RF433 MHz send/receive module - all works just fine).

So, assuming, this NANO works fine, drivers are correctly installed, but somehow I cannot work on installed version of Arduino IDE.

Some additional info:
- I have temporarily turned off firewall and antivirus
- there is no port problems (COM4)
- I tried different version of IDE (1.8.1) with no good results
- I have unistalled, removed all arduino files/folders (even from systems32/drivers folder) and installed again with no solution

Hope anyone have some clue what else might be done...
wektor falowy jest liczba kwantowa operatora translacji

spycatcher2k

Have you selected nano & 328p old bootloader from the tools menu?
Mrs Drew
-=-
http://www.uk-pcb.co.uk - UK PCB Fab Company
I will design & code for you, but I will also charge you (PM me)
If you don't like my answers, realize : I'm not being cheeky, I'm Just trying to prompt you to use your own brain/google etc.

bzwoods

I have the same problem, And YES, I even tried the 328p with old boot loader, makes no diference

dvavajiva

Have you selected nano & 328p old bootloader from the tools menu?
I would try, but it doesn't appear to select from 328 or 328oldbootloader.
I read many online forums, and I've seen that people mention to select the correct board, processor and port, but I tried now a few computers with different IDE versions and the only choice I have is 328 or 168 (2 choices) - never seen the oldbootloader to be able to select.

I would suspect the board is somehow broken, if only it doesn't work on the online creator, but it does with no problems.
Finally, I have checked the online creator and there is ATMmega328old, to select from (together with ATMmega168 and ATMmega328). Only on the online creator, never on the installed IDE.

Cheers.

sterretje

I would try, but it doesn't appear to select from 328 or 328oldbootloader.
I read many online forums, and I've seen that people mention to select the correct board, processor and port, but I tried now a few computers with different IDE versions and the only choice I have is 328 or 168 (2 choices) - never seen the oldbootloader to be able to select.

I would suspect the board is somehow broken, if only it doesn't work on the online creator, but it does with no problems.
Finally, I have checked the online creator and there is ATMmega328old, to select from (together with ATMmega168 and ATMmega328). Only on the online creator, never on the installed IDE.

Cheers.
You need to install a new version of the board manager; that will give you the option for 'old bootloader'. It's not said that that solves the issue; to our knowledge, this option is required for newer genuine Nanos. The 328 option in the new board manager should work with the newer Nanos, the old bootloader option should allow you to use the older genuine Nanos and the clones.

IDE tools -> board -> board manager
Click Arduino AVR Boards
Select version 1.21
Click update
If you understand an example, use it.
If you don't understand an example, don't use it.

Electronics engineer by trade, software engineer by profession. Trying to get back into electronics after 15 years absence.

dvavajiva

You need to install a new version of the board manager; that will give you the option for 'old bootloader'. It's not said that that solves the issue; to our knowledge, this option is required for newer genuine Nanos. The 328 option in the new board manager should work with the newer Nanos, the old bootloader option should allow you to use the older genuine Nanos and the clones.

IDE tools -> board -> board manager
Click Arduino AVR Boards
Select version 1.21
Click update

It works!

Like you said, I did not have to use ATmega328P (Old Bootloader), because I know my board was purchased 3 weeks ago. However, when I updated the AVR board from 1.6.20 to 1.6.21 in the board manager, and used processor ATmega328P everything works fine (so far I just only tried blink example, but fair enough to say it works).

Thanks mate!

Go Up