Go Down

Topic: Issue loading sketches to Sanguino. IDE 0022, Ubuntu 10.10 [solved] (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

Mr. Swarf

Mar 23, 2011, 04:11 am Last Edit: Mar 23, 2011, 07:59 pm by Mr. Swarf Reason: 1
I finished building a Sanguino last night. I've downloaded the files from the Sanguino project and installed as directed.

I can upload the bootloader to the board on the linux machine via the IDE and my USBasp ISP programmer. However when I attempt to upload a 'blink' sketch via the IDE to the Sanguino I get these errors:

Code: [Select]
In file included from Blink.cpp:8:
/usr/share/arduino-0022/hardware/Sanguino/cores/arduino/WProgram.h:4:20: error: stdlib.h: No such file or directory
/usr/share/arduino-0022/hardware/Sanguino/cores/arduino/WProgram.h:5:20: error: string.h: No such file or directory
/usr/share/arduino-0022/hardware/Sanguino/cores/arduino/WProgram.h:6:18: error: math.h: No such file or directory
/usr/share/arduino-0022/hardware/Sanguino/cores/arduino/WProgram.h:8:27: error: avr/interrupt.h: No such file or directory
In file included from /usr/share/arduino-0022/hardware/Sanguino/cores/arduino/WProgram.h:10,
                from Blink.cpp:8:
/usr/share/arduino-0022/hardware/Sanguino/cores/arduino/wiring.h:28:20: error: avr/io.h: No such file or directory
In file included from /usr/share/arduino-0022/hardware/Sanguino/cores/arduino/WProgram.h:13,
/usr/share/arduino-0022/hardware/Sanguino/cores/arduino/HardwareSerial.h:23:22: error: inttypes.h: No such file or directory
In file included from /usr/share/arduino-0022/hardware/Sanguino/cores/arduino/WProgram.h:10,
/usr/share/arduino-0022/hardware/Sanguino/cores/arduino/wiring.h:97: error: 'uint8_t' does not name a type
/usr/share/arduino-0022/hardware/Sanguino/cores/arduino/wiring.h:98: error: 'uint8_t' does not name a type
/usr/share/arduino-0022/hardware/Sanguino/cores/arduino/wiring.h:102: error: variable or field 'pinMode' declared void
/usr/share/arduino-0022/hardware/Sanguino/cores/arduino/wiring.h:102: error: 'uint8_t' was not declared in this scope
/usr/share/arduino-0022/hardware/Sanguino/cores/arduino/wiring.h:102: error: 'uint8_t' was not declared in this scope
/usr/share/arduino-0022/hardware/Sanguino/cores/arduino/wiring.h:103: error: variable or field 'digitalWrite' declared void
/usr/share/arduino-0022/hardware/Sanguino/cores/arduino/wiring.h:103: error: 'uint8_t' was not declared in this scope
/usr/share/arduino-0022/hardware/Sanguino/cores/arduino/wiring.h:103: error: 'uint8_t' was not declared in this scope
/usr/share/arduino-0022/hardware/Sanguino/cores/arduino/wiring.h:104: error: 'uint8_t' was not declared in this scope
/usr/share/arduino-0022/hardware/Sanguino/cores/arduino/wiring.h:105: error: 'uint8_t' was not declared in this scope
/usr/share/arduino-0022/hardware/Sanguino/cores/arduino/wiring.h:106: error: variable or field 'analogReference' declared void
/usr/share/arduino-0022/hardware/Sanguino/cores/arduino/wiring.h:106: error: 'uint8_t' was not declared in this scope
/usr/share/arduino-0022/hardware/Sanguino/cores/arduino/wiring.h:107: error: variable or field 'analogWrite' declared void
/usr/share/arduino-0022/hardware/Sanguino/cores/arduino/wiring.h:107: error: 'uint8_t' was not declared in this scope
/usr/share/arduino-0022/hardware/Sanguino/cores/arduino/wiring.h:107: error: expected primary-expression before 'int'
/usr/share/arduino-0022/hardware/Sanguino/cores/arduino/wiring.h:109: error: variable or field 'beginSerial' declared void
/usr/share/arduino-0022/hardware/Sanguino/cores/arduino/wiring.h:109: error: 'uint8_t' was not declared in this scope
/usr/share/arduino-0022/hardware/Sanguino/cores/arduino/wiring.h:109: error: expected primary-expression before 'long'
/usr/share/arduino-0022/hardware/Sanguino/cores/arduino/wiring.h:110: error: variable or field 'serialWrite' declared void
/usr/share/arduino-0022/hardware/Sanguino/cores/arduino/wiring.h:110: error: 'uint8_t' was not declared in this scope
/usr/share/arduino-0022/hardware/Sanguino/cores/arduino/wiring.h:110: error: expected primary-expression before 'unsigned'
/usr/share/arduino-0022/hardware/Sanguino/cores/arduino/wiring.h:111: error: 'uint8_t' was not declared in this scope
/usr/share/arduino-0022/hardware/Sanguino/cores/arduino/wiring.h:112: error: 'uint8_t' was not declared in this scope
/usr/share/arduino-0022/hardware/Sanguino/cores/arduino/wiring.h:113: error: variable or field 'serialFlush' declared void
/usr/share/arduino-0022/hardware/Sanguino/cores/arduino/wiring.h:113: error: 'uint8_t' was not declared in this scope
/usr/share/arduino-0022/hardware/Sanguino/cores/arduino/wiring.h:119: error: 'uint8_t' was not declared in this scope
/usr/share/arduino-0022/hardware/Sanguino/cores/arduino/wiring.h:119: error: 'uint8_t' was not declared in this scope
/usr/share/arduino-0022/hardware/Sanguino/cores/arduino/wiring.h:119: error: expected primary-expression before 'unsigned'
/usr/share/arduino-0022/hardware/Sanguino/cores/arduino/wiring.h:119: error: initializer expression list treated as compound expression
/usr/share/arduino-0022/hardware/Sanguino/cores/arduino/wiring.h:121: error: variable or field 'shiftOut' declared void
/usr/share/arduino-0022/hardware/Sanguino/cores/arduino/wiring.h:121: error: 'uint8_t' was not declared in this scope
/usr/share/arduino-0022/hardware/Sanguino/cores/arduino/wiring.h:121: error: 'uint8_t' was not declared in this scope
/usr/share/arduino-0022/hardware/Sanguino/cores/arduino/wiring.h:121: error: 'byte' was not declared in this scope

What's really screwy is the Sanguino uploads work just fine via the IDE on my Mac with the 0022 IDE installed.... I have the blink sketch running via the upload from my Mac.

I'm using the same files from the Sanguino web site. I've checked and it does not look like a permissions issue on the Linux system.

Any ideas?

Thank you in advance.

M.S.

Coding Badly

Are you able to build (Verify) a Sketch for any board on the Linux computer?

Mr. Swarf

Crap. I have not tried that since reloading the software. The only hacking I've done is on the new Sanguino I built. I'll give it a spin tomorrow when I get into my workroom/office again.
M.S.

Mr. Swarf

Well foo. It won't build for other boards either....

I've reinstalled the software from a freshly downloaded package. Still broken.

Ubuntu 10.01 AMD64 with the 64 bit Linux package.

This was working previously. I had to rebuild my system over the weekend due to a failing hard disk.
M.S.

Mr. Swarf

This is now working. I thought about what I had done differently on my previous install.

Via apt-get I had to install the Arduino (0018) software from the Ubuntu repository. It appears the install also grabbed some dependencies needed. Once installed the 0022 software just works.

Bleah.

M.S.

Go Up