Go Down

Topic: Arduino Ina125 reading a positive and negative sensor (Read 224 times) previous topic - next topic

Kapper86

Hi guys

I hope you can help me.
I have connected a torque sensor to an INA125P and a Arduino. I have connected the wires as shown in the image below.The code is below, and is just the standard example AnalogReadSerial.

My problem is, that the torque sensor is only measuring in one direction (like a load cell), but I need it to measure and output when turning it in the other direction as well.

Can you help me with the wiring? I assume I should wire the INA125P in a different way?

Kind regards
Kasper

Code: [Select]
/*
  AnalogReadSerial
  Reads an analog input on pin 0, prints the result to the serial monitor.
  Attach the center pin of a potentiometer to pin A0, and the outside pins to +5V and ground.

This example code is in the public domain.
 */

// the setup routine runs once when you press reset:
void setup() {
  // initialize serial communication at 9600 bits per second:
  Serial.begin(9600);
}

// the loop routine runs over and over again forever:
void loop() {
  // read the input on analog pin 0:
  int sensorValue = analogRead(A0);
  // print out the value you read:
  Serial.println(sensorValue);
  delay(1);        // delay in between reads for stability
}

MarkT

Pin 5 is the reference terminal, you need to connect it to a mid-rail virtual ground, not 0V.
[ I won't respond to messages, use the forum please ]

Kapper86

Hi Mark
Thanks for your reply.
I have just been reading about virtual grounds, but I'm a bit confused. Should I make a virtual ground with resistors or should I just connect pin 5 to a different pin on the Arduino ?

Could you clarify how to make the setup ?

Kind regards
Kasper

shooter

when you put 2.5 volt on the ref then output will be 2.5 volt. when -n is higher the output will be lower so negative is below2.5 volt
zero point is 512

Kapper86

Hi Shooter
Thanks for your reply :)
Sadly I´m very new, so I dont know how to put 2.5 volt on the reference..?
I think I understand the rest. From 0-512 i negative values from my sensor, and 513-1023 is positive.

My big problem is, that I dont know how to wire the setup. I have read that I might break the board if I feed the ADC a negative voltage. So I´m abit afraid of just trying.

Can you guys help with the wiring? I guess I should make a setup like the one in the image, but I dont understand where the wires should go.

Kind regards
Kasper

antonmadto

Feb 23, 2015, 02:53 pm Last Edit: Feb 23, 2015, 03:30 pm by antonmadto
same problem with me
but I try this one from data sheet

connect pin5 to pin 4,
and the pin10 to Analog input in arduino

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy