Life's too short for the wrong Job...

http://www.dailydawdle.com/2010/09/10-best-lifes-too-short-for-wrong-job.html

I'll be more respectful of vending machines from now on.

Rob

Haha pretty clever

I have thought about doing an art display where a person spends one day working inside a vending machine. :wink:

liudr:
I have thought about doing an art display where a person spends one day working inside a vending machine. :wink:

Coca Cola beat you to it, they stuck a guy in a coke machine at a random college campus and gave out free cokes + pizzas and flowers + chocolate and stuff like that out, Google will find the vid

Valalvax:

liudr:

Coca Cola beat you to it, they stuck a guy in a coke machine at a random college campus and gave out free cokes + pizzas and flowers + chocolate and stuff like that out, Google will find the vid

Then I'll do being a computer for a day :grin:
This theme explains how limited the computer interacts with outside world.

liudr:

Valalvax:

liudr:

This theme explains how limited the computer interacts with outside world.

Ooh, you can be an "average computer user's computer" and sit around saying "fuck off i'm not doing that" "rebooting" all day...

"average computer user's computer" and sit around saying "fuck off i'm not doing that" "rebooting" all day...

"My computer is broken! It's being stupid! There's something wrong with it!"

In my short lifetime, I've learned that computers are almost never wrong- it's nearly always user error, which makes working out bugs infuriating. I know I can't use the excuse "stupid compiler's doing it wrong again" when I forgot to declare the variable outside the parens... :smiley:

liudr:

Lets hope nobody will hit... the "any key" to continue XD

Yea, the one thing that infuriates me more than anything (the "I'll ignore it but you're fucking stupid" kind of infuriate) is when people go "Well, you know how technology is, it just does weird stuff sometimes" or something like that... "NO, YOU SCREWED IT UP, THAT WAS A PREDICABLE RESULT OF WHAT YOU DID"

Especially when it's a so-called tech teacher... sigh

Except with MS Office products - always trying predict what you wanted. Just enter what I typed, damnit! And stop trying to autoformat and autostyle and all that crap!

In my short lifetime, I've learned that computers are almost never wrong- it's nearly always user error, which makes working out bugs infuriating. I know I can't use the excuse "stupid compiler's doing it wrong again" when I forgot to declare the variable outside the parens...

Garbage in - Garbage out :smiley:

We get complaints of slow computers all the time. People here load them up with dozens of programs they don't need and then open them all at once. I've seen 35 or 40 windows open on some people's PC's. Task manager shows 2.x Gigs of memory used up when they only have 2 installed.

Me: When's the last time you rebooted?

Them: I don't know... last week maybe?

Me: Try restarting.

They are amazed and how much faster it runs right after. Then the same person call 2 or 3 weeks later complaining that their computer is running slow.

:expressionless:

I run an excessive amount of programs always, I'm just excessive like that, and I don't restart hardly ever unless it's really sluggish and killing stuff doesn't help... currently only have Firefox open with 33 tabs, VMWare with Win7, mIRC through Win7

Nothing else other than IM client and things in the system tray

My wife will have 20 tabs open in firefox, with 10 of them having some partially-running flash game (ie in "attract mode", between games.) And then she complains that her computer is too slow...

I'm more worried when mom calls with... a little problem.
All she does with her PC is Skype, email, storing/printing photos and write docs.

If she only asked me... it wouldn't be a real problem, once I get there the PC is often quite different as I left it the last time and It just takes loads of time to see what's reconfigured.

I love helping mom, but often feel sorry for the next... family member/friend thinking "Tjeez what happened here ? " :smiley:

westfw:
My wife will have 20 tabs open in firefox, with 10 of them having some partially-running flash game (ie in "attract mode", between games.) And then she complains that her computer is too slow...

My tabs in order currently:

Page 1:

Gmail, Instructibles article I'm reading (It's 28 freaking pages), Facebook, US DoL (filing a complaint against an employer), Twitter, Make Magazine, Jameco, Make, Netflix, Forum, The Consumerist (Linked from that forum, got hooked reading articles), Motorcycle forum, M/C forum, M/C forum, M/C Forum, Arduino Forum, Arduino Blog, Arduino Forum, JeremyBlum's tutorial, a video from the tutorial, Eagle tutorial, Processing site, Hacktronics, Sparkfun news, LadyAda, Angel (school website), School email, Fritzing (like Eagle), and.... a datasheet

Page 2:

FreesideATL (Hackerspace), RepRap blog, RepRap Wiki, RepRap Forums, Thingiverse page

Mine's pretty much as bad as that and then on my other monitor I have 4 programs open in the arduino IDE, a folder open, my emails (thunderbird) and Y-Chat (X-Chat2) IRC client.

Often I have more running than that - and it's still on my faithful 1.8GHz 1GB box.