Go Down

Topic: Cannot find openocd.exe during bootloader flash (Read 82 times) previous topic - next topic

xilni

Board: Adafruit Metro M4 (SAMD51)
Programmer: Atmel ICE
Windows 10 64-bit/Arduino 1.8.5

After selecting the right board, the right port and the right programmer, I click Burn Bootloader and get this error message:

Code: [Select]
{runtime.tools.openocd-0.9.0-arduino6-static.path}/bin/openocd.exe -d2 -s {runtime.tools.openocd-0.9.0-arduino6-static.path}/share/openocd/scripts/ -f C:\Users\xilni\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\adafruit\hardware\samd\1.2.1/variants/metro_m4/openocd_scripts/arduino_zero.cfg -c telnet_port disabled; init; halt; at91samd bootloader 0; program {{C:\Users\xilni\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\adafruit\hardware\samd\1.2.1/bootloaders/metroM4/bootloader.bin}} verify reset; shutdown
java.io.IOException: Cannot run program "{runtime.tools.openocd-0.9.0-arduino6-static.path}/bin/openocd.exe": CreateProcess error=2, The system cannot find the file specified
at java.lang.ProcessBuilder.start(ProcessBuilder.java:1048)
at processing.app.helpers.ProcessUtils.exec(ProcessUtils.java:26)
at cc.arduino.packages.Uploader.executeUploadCommand(Uploader.java:129)
at cc.arduino.packages.uploaders.SerialUploader.burnBootloader(SerialUploader.java:412)
at processing.app.Editor.lambda$handleBurnBootloader$14(Editor.java:2519)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)
Caused by: java.io.IOException: CreateProcess error=2, The system cannot find the file specified
at java.lang.ProcessImpl.create(Native Method)
at java.lang.ProcessImpl.<init>(ProcessImpl.java:386)
at java.lang.ProcessImpl.start(ProcessImpl.java:137)
at java.lang.ProcessBuilder.start(ProcessBuilder.java:1029)
... 5 more
Error while burning bootloader.

gdsports

You probably did not install the Arduino SAMD board package. See the Adafruit Metro M4 tutorial for details.

xilni

Not only did I have the Adafruit board package installed but I had the Adafruit Metro M4 selected in the Board menu.

Ended up just using Atmel Studio, using the Device Programming window to set the BOOTPROT fuse to 0x0F and then erase and program the whole thing.

gdsports

The Adafruit SAMD package and the Arduino SAMD package must both be installed.

Go Up