Go Down

Topic: Change clock frecuency (bootloader) (Read 775 times) previous topic - next topic

arlukas

Hello everyone!

I have one Arduino Duemilanove board that works fine. This board has an ATMEGA328 that works at 16MHz and 5V.
I want to design a new board based on Arduino philosophy that will works at 3.3V. For this operation voltage I must to down clock frecuency.
I want that this new board has a bootloader like Arduino Duemilanove so I will can program directly from Arduino IDE.
Since original Arduino Duemilanove boards has a 16MHz I can not use the same bootloader for my board.
My question is how can I compile a bootloader with a different clock frecuency? If I change clock frecuency in bootloader source code and then I compile it, does it works?

Thanks in advance.

Regards.

PD: Sorry for my horrible english

Coding Badly

Hello.

My question is how can I compile a bootloader with a different clock frecuency?

Instead of compiling the bootloader you may be able to use an existing one...

ATmegaBOOT_168_atmega328_pro_8MHz.hex
ATmegaBOOT_168_pro_8MHz.hex
LilyPadBOOT_168.hex

Select the Arduino that most closely matches your board and use its bootloader.

Or, westfw may be willing to give you a copy of an 8 MHz version of Optiboot for your board.

arlukas

Dear Coding Badly,

Thanks for your reply and advice. Few hours ago I finded something similar.
The idea to compile a new bootloader with different clock frecuency is that I only have 4MHz clock. If I don´t obtain the way to compile a specific bootloader I will try to adquire 8MHz clock. Thanks anyway.

Anyone can help me?

Thanks in advance.

Regards to all.

alparent

You don't need to get a 8mhz clock. It's internal to the chip.

Go Up