Go Down

Topic: can't uploar3iled program on arduino uno  (Read 507 times) previous topic - next topic

swappy

the message being shown is :
Arduino: 1.8.5 (Windows 7), Board: "Arduino/Genuino Uno"

Sketch uses 6670 bytes (20%) of program storage space. Maximum is 32256 bytes.
Global variables use 397 bytes (19%) of dynamic memory, leaving 1651 bytes for local variables. Maximum is 2048 bytes.
avrdude: stk500_recv(): programmer is not responding
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 1 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x25
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 2 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x25
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 3 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x25
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 4 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x25
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 5 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x25
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 6 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x25
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 7 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x25
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 8 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x25
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 9 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x25
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 10 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x25
Problem uploading to board.  See http://www.arduino.cc/en/Guide/Troubleshooting#upload for suggestions.

This report would have more information with
"Show verbose output during compilation"
option enabled in File -> Preferences.

Please Help

Insanewolf01

I had the same problem try burning bootloader on it using the example file arduinoISP

Unsigned_Arduino

Do not touch the String class.

Ever.

hammy

This error occurs because:
- you have the wrong USB lead
- you have a clone Arduino which needs the correct CH340 driver ( google  fixing a clone Arduino).
- you have corrupted the boot loader and it needs to be reinstalled ( google it ).

vffgaston

My Arduino Uno R3 is not detected by any laptop (I tried 3 laptops). Under devices there is no Arduino port or other devices option. It does not make sound on inserting USB cable. On plugging the USB LED 13 doesn't blink. I is just continuously on. Reset also didn't blink LED 13. Even on external power also it's not resetting.
Your arduino looks bad.
Anyway: have you checked the USB cable?
Regards

prasadab

Is any other software using the same serial port? serial ports cannot be concurrently opened by multiple processes..

aptoide ios

Unsigned_Arduino

Have you tried using an external programmer to program it?
Do not touch the String class.

Ever.

DrAzzy

Jan 21, 2019, 11:38 pm Last Edit: Jan 21, 2019, 11:40 pm by DrAzzy
sigh....

1) OP, were you ever able to successfully upload to that board in the past? Was it from the same computer?

2) @hammy - driver problem is extremely unlikely. Driver problems usually result in the port not being shown at all, or rarely, a really weirdo error - not the stk500 sync errors which indicate that the serial port detected, and is acting like a serial port, but the character it receives isn't what it expects.
For the same reason, a defective USB lead is also very unlikely the cause of the problem - this normally results in no port being seen - but for a sync error to be shown, it must be successfully talking to the serial adapter - the whole USB connection process has occurred successfully at this point, which is hard to reconcile with a bad USB cable (but swapping the USB cable is a super easy test, so you might as well try it).

3) Do you have anything connected to pins 0, 1, or RESET on the Arduino? Anything connected to these pins can interfere with sketch uploads.

4) @prasadab - if another program is using the port, the error is "Access Denied" not sync errors.

5) OP, is this your only arduino, or do you have other ones that work? If you have another working one, using ArduinoISP sketch, and Arduino as ISP (NOT "ArduinoISP") as programmer you can reinstall bootloader. You do need a working Arduino for this, though - alternately you can use one of the dirt-cheap USBAsp programmers available from ebay for a few bucks.

To expand on what Unsigned Arduino has said: If you previously connected an external ISP programmer to the board, and uploaded a sketch using "Upload using Programmer", this will erase the bootloader - to program it over serial again, you need to reconnect that ISP programmer and do "Burn Bootloader" - I think that's unlikely to have happened, since this is one of OP's first posts, but I suppose it's possible.
ATtiny core for 841+1634+828 and x313/x4/x5/x61/x7/x8 series Board Manager:
http://drazzy.com/package_drazzy.com_index.json
ATtiny breakouts (some assembled), mosfets and awesome prototyping board in my store http://tindie.com/stores/DrAzzy

Go Up