Go Down

Topic: PWM RGB 12v LED strips in chasing patterns. (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

Hello, I've got a project I'm having great troubles getting to work and I'd appreciate someone telling me whether I'm looking at something feasible or not.

Basically I want to have RGB patterns between multiple RGB lights. I'm having trouble getting code running for 2 RGBs at the moment.
I have figured out the powering of the LED strips using mosfets to hook up the arduino.

Here is a thread I made in the LEDs and multiplexing forum: http://arduino.cc/forum/index.php/topic,55390.0.html
It explains where I'm at and what I've done.

One problem I can foresee is that I want to scale up to controlling 6 RGB lights independently through code. I'm going to run out of PWM pins before I get that many hooked up. I've heard about 'bit-banging' pwm on the digital pins and that I believed would be suitable for what I want to do. Am I correct on this?

Any help is very much appreciated, I'm going crazy frustrated trying to work this out on my own.

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy