Go Down

Topic: Error Compiling (Read 927 times) previous topic - next topic

I hooked up an Arduino Duemilanove Atmega328 with Windows XP for the first time. I tried to run the blinking LED code and I am getting the following error:

"Error Compiling"

core.a(main.cpp.o): In function `main':
C:\Documents and Settings\Laptop\My Documents\Arduino\arduino-0022\hardware\arduino\cores\arduino/main.cpp:10: undefined reference to `loop'

Can anyone help?

Coding Badly

Has to be an installation problem.  Try removing the Arduino software and reinstalling.

CrossRoads

Most likely a typo, missing semi colon, ), or } somewhere.
Post the code using the # shortcut,
or type in
[ code ]
copy  your sketch
[ /code ]
(without the spaces between the brackets)
we'll help you find it.
Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years.  Screw Shield for Mega/Due/Uno,  Bobuino with ATMega1284P, & other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  my website.

Coding Badly

Yikes!  Sorry about that.  Ignore my post and pay attention to the guy above.

CrossRoads

You may end up being right Coding - I just tried messing with the ( )s & { }s in the void loop area on a sketch I had open, got some errors, but none saying Compiler error like the OP showed.
Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years.  Screw Shield for Mega/Due/Uno,  Bobuino with ATMega1284P, & other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  my website.

Found the problem

There was a typo when I called the loop.

Thanks

Coding Badly

Uh, you should not need to call loop.  You may want to post your Sketch for a some guidance.

Or do you mean "when I defined loop"?

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy