Go Down

Topic: Error Compiling (Read 869 times) previous topic - next topic

MechEngr396

I hooked up an Arduino Duemilanove Atmega328 with Windows XP for the first time. I tried to run the blinking LED code and I am getting the following error:

"Error Compiling"

core.a(main.cpp.o): In function `main':
C:\Documents and Settings\Laptop\My Documents\Arduino\arduino-0022\hardware\arduino\cores\arduino/main.cpp:10: undefined reference to `loop'

Can anyone help?

Coding Badly

Has to be an installation problem.  Try removing the Arduino software and reinstalling.

CrossRoads

Most likely a typo, missing semi colon, ), or } somewhere.
Post the code using the # shortcut,
or type in
[ code ]
copy  your sketch
[ /code ]
(without the spaces between the brackets)
we'll help you find it.
Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years.  Screw Shield for Mega/Due/Uno,  Bobuino with ATMega1284P, & other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  my website.

Coding Badly

Yikes!  Sorry about that.  Ignore my post and pay attention to the guy above.

CrossRoads

You may end up being right Coding - I just tried messing with the ( )s & { }s in the void loop area on a sketch I had open, got some errors, but none saying Compiler error like the OP showed.
Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years.  Screw Shield for Mega/Due/Uno,  Bobuino with ATMega1284P, & other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  my website.

MechEngr396

Found the problem

There was a typo when I called the loop.

Thanks

Coding Badly

Uh, you should not need to call loop.  You may want to post your Sketch for a some guidance.

Or do you mean "when I defined loop"?

Go Up