Go Down

Topic: Car cruise control device (Read 855 times) previous topic - next topic

Snabark

Hello guys,
I am new to the world of arduino and electronics
I have corolla 2015 with out cruise control
My project is to make one for it
I figured all part of the subject but have single obstacle, is about the electronic speed paddle , it form of two potentiometers of 5 volt power ,each give different value with each degree of foot pressure.
I want to hack its cable and make the car think that the paddle is pressed.
I thought about arduino PWM and put low pass filter after it but this does not give steady output voltage , and I am afraid that the car will not respond to this.

Any help with that ?

Delta_G

I am new to the world of arduino and electronics
Then you should probably do a LOT of learning before you start modifying a two thousand pound machine that moves at 70 miles per hour and has the potential to kill people. 

The particular questions you are asking back that up.  You should probably not be messing with something that is safety critical until you have at least learned the basics.  Really you should be at the expert level for that, but let's at least get past the basics before we do anything that could cause someone to lose a life. 
|| | ||| | || | ||  ~Woodstock

Please do not PM with technical questions or comments.  Keep Arduino stuff out on the boards where it belongs.

Snabark

Then you should probably do a LOT of learning before you start modifying a two thousand pound machine that moves at 70 miles per hour and has the potential to kill people.  

The particular questions you are asking back that up.  You should probably not be messing with something that is safety critical until you have at least learned the basics.  Really you should be at the expert level for that, but let's at least get past the basics before we do anything that could cause someone to lose a life.  
thank you for your concern
An answer to the question may be more helpful...

Delta_G

Jul 27, 2018, 04:36 pm Last Edit: Jul 27, 2018, 04:39 pm by Delta_G
An answer to the question may
Get people killed.

Why would anyone want to do that?  Go get to a level where you can do these things without asking basic questions and then take other people's lives into your hands.  Just don't do it around me.  You ever crash into me and I find out you modified your car with an Arduino without knowing what you were doing and it will be the end of you.  I will own everything you've ever had. 

At least try it out on an RC car or something first.  Don't get people killed because you don't understand your own limitations. 
|| | ||| | || | ||  ~Woodstock

Please do not PM with technical questions or comments.  Keep Arduino stuff out on the boards where it belongs.

AJB2K3

1, Learn how CC works,
2, learn what connections are required to make it work,
3 work out if your car supports it (consult ECU Specifications),
4, Find out what Wiring is available in car.

CC on post 2010 cars are controlled by the ecu and drive by wire.
There are quite a few safety systems that need to be understood in order to retrofit CC and dont forget that your car inspection centre must also approve of the setup before it can be used on public roads.
Sorry for the noobish post but my knowledge is 10 years out of date!

Go Up