Go Down

Topic: Can't upload sketch on UNO in Fedora14 - bugs with IDE 0021 and 0022 (Read 802 times) previous topic - next topic

antsnark

Mar 21, 2011, 08:31 pm Last Edit: Mar 22, 2011, 07:46 pm by antsnark Reason: 1
well, today I "brick" my new UNO (serial connection bug).

After reflashing  (instructions from this forum), reinstalling IDE and updating my Fedora14 distribution, the ttyACM0 returned, the board visible again...

BUT! The problem is:

Code: [Select]
Binary sketch size: 1020 bytes (of a 32256 byte maximum)
/usr/bin/avrdude -C/etc/avrdude/avrdude.conf -v -v -v -v -patmega328p -cstk500v1 -P/dev/ttyACM0 -b115200 -D -Uflash:w:/tmp/build5870022447805682951.tmp/Blink.cpp.hex:i

avrdude: Version 5.10, compiled on Mar  2 2011 at 22:07:09
        Copyright (c) 2000-2005 Brian Dean, http://www.bdmicro.com/
        Copyright (c) 2007-2009 Joerg Wunsch

System wide configuration file is "/etc/avrdude/avrdude.conf"
        User configuration file is "/home/zaq/.avrduderc"
        User configuration file does not exist or is not a regular file, skipping

Using Port                    : /dev/ttyACM0
        Using Programmer              : stk500v1
        Overriding Baud Rate          : 115200
avrdude: Send: 0 [30]   [20]
Blink.cpp.o: file not recognized: File truncated
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
Binary sketch size: 1020 bytes (of a 32256 byte maximum)
/usr/bin/avrdude -C/etc/avrdude/avrdude.conf -v -v -v -v -patmega328p -cstk500v1 -P/dev/ttyACM0 -b115200 -D -Uflash:w:/tmp/build5870022447805682951.tmp/Blink.cpp.hex:i

avrdude: Version 5.10, compiled on Mar  2 2011 at 22:07:09
        Copyright (c) 2000-2005 Brian Dean, http://www.bdmicro.com/
        Copyright (c) 2007-2009 Joerg Wunsch

System wide configuration file is "/etc/avrdude/avrdude.conf"
        User configuration file is "/home/zaq/.avrduderc"
        User configuration file does not exist or is not a regular file, skipping

Using Port                    : /dev/ttyACM0
        Using Programmer              : stk500v1
        Overriding Baud Rate          : 115200
avrdude: Recv: . [10]
avrdude: stk500_getsync(): not in sync: resp=0x10

avrdude done.  Thank you.

avrdude: ser_recv(): programmer is not responding
avrdude: stk500_recv(): programmer is not responding

avrdude done.  Thank you.

IDE write something like "avrdude not understand the device. Try -C to <something>"

What to do???

Thank You!

johnwasser

Looks like maybe the auto-reset is not working.  Try holding down the reset button on the Arduino and releasing it when the "Binary sketch size" message appears in the IDE.
Send Bitcoin tips to: 1L3CTDoTgrXNA5WyF77uWqt4gUdye9mezN
Send Litecoin tips to : LVtpaq6JgJAZwvnVq3ftVeHafWkcpmuR1e

mrtaylor

Which chip did you update the the firmware on?  I believe a link to the instructions you used would be helpful.

antsnark

it is  working on win-computer. On my main comp avrdude print
avrdude: Yikes!  Invalid device signature.
         Double check connections and try again, or use -F to override
         this check.

this firmware:

wget --no-check-certificate https://github.com/arduino/Arduino/raw/master/hardware/arduino/firmwares/arduino-usbserial/Arduino-usbserial-uno.hex

md5sum Arduino-usbserial-uno.hex

dfu-programmer at90usb82 erase

dfu-programmer at90usb82 flash Arduino-usbserial-uno.hex

dfu-programmer at90usb82 reset

then i reinstall everything concerned with Arduino and AVR.
But all this does not help me. Avrdude prints about invalid signature.

And IDE0022 from site print many symbols:

~/Arduino> ./arduino
Experimental:  JNI_OnLoad called.
Stable Library
=========================================
Native lib Version = RXTX-2.1-7
Java lib Version   = RXTX-2.1-7
check_group_uucp(): error testing lock file creation Error details:???????? ? ???????check_lock_status: No permission to create lock file.
please see: How can I use Lock Files with rxtx? in INSTALL
check_group_uucp(): error testing lock file creation Error details:???????? ? ???????check_lock_status: No permission to create lock file.

:(  my arduino and IDE works fine today... Without this bugs.

antsnark

:smiley-zipper: :smiley-zipper: :smiley-zipper:
the blink-example not working.

How to restore the original firmware of USB-controller?  :smiley-slim:

antsnark

after reinstalling everything concerned with avr (avrdude, gcc-avr and other stuff), the IDE launced fine, see the board... BUT!
new problem:
Cannot run programm "avr-ar": java.io.IOException: error=2, no such file or directory

What to do?  :~

(most probably I failed my project because of BUGS and ERRORs  =( )

antsnark

Clean everything AGAIN. Remove all  preferences, all programs.

Install avr-binutils, gcc-avr and other stuff,
download and unpack IDE-0022.

Still don't work:

now i try to make IDE from src
]:) hate bugs!

Go Up