Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Interfacing with media player  (Read 494 times)
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

Hi, im really new to Arduino and i am looking to use it within an art installation. Basically i would like to control a media player using motion sensors, i need a video to be triggered by a motion sensor, then once there is no motion detected i need the video to pause. Then again resume playing once the sensor is triggered and so on.

Is this a relatively complicated project? I have researched this online but haven't been able to find any examples of the same thing. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Seattle, WA USA
Brattain Member
Seattle, WA USA
View Profile

Processing has the ability to play video files. It can talk to the Arduino via the serial port. There are examples that you can hack to play the video when the serial port gets one value and stop it when it gets another value.

Of course, the Arduino is what will be sending those values.

View Profile

Processing has the ability to play video files. It can talk to the Arduino via the serial port. There are examples that you can hack to play the video when the serial port gets one value and stop it when it gets another value.

Of course, the Arduino is what will be sending those values.

Thanks for the response, iv tested out a few things with processing after your advice, it seems to work ok so il keep at it, though processing seems to have a few bugs when playing video which is a little frustrating.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: