Go Down

Topic: MKR VIDOR 4000 driver installation (Read 326 times) previous topic - next topic

Ralphpdq

How do I get the Board/driver for the MKR VIDOR 4000?

My IDE is 1.8.5 which I just downloaded so I assume it is the latest.

I do not see Board: "Arduino MKR Vidor 4000" in Board selection nor
do I see anything in Boards Manager except for an
Arduino SAMD Beta Boards (32-bits ARM Cortex-M0+) version 1.6.22
which is installed.

Thanks for the help!!

Ralph

pert

Aug 05, 2018, 07:01 pm Last Edit: Aug 05, 2018, 07:02 pm by pert Reason: Embed image
If you have "Arduino SAMD Beta Boards" installed then you should definitely be seeing a Tools > Board > Arduino MKR Vidor 4000 menu item. One thing to be aware of is, contrary to what's shown in the official installation instructions, it will be in a separate section of the Tools > Board menu from the standard Arduino SAMD boards like the Zero, etc. If you have a lot of other boards installed you might need to scroll down the menu a ways until you find the Vidor:

Ralphpdq

Thanks, looked for the fifth time and finally saw it!!

Now how do I get the newest board/Driver.

I believe it is on SAMD version 1.6.21   I have SAMD version 1.6.19.

pert

1.6.19 is the latest version of Arduino SAMD Boards. In fact, I don't think you even need to have Arduino SAMD Boards installed to use the Vidor, you only need Arduino SAMD Beta Boards. The screenshot in the Arduino MKR Vidor 4000 Getting Started page must have been made with an internal development version of Arduino SAMD Boards that's not available to the public. Those installation instructions are really of very low quality and quite confusing. Considering how important good documentation is to Arduino's target market, it's really a shame they don't make a better effort.

MadScientist777

Hi there,

I am just starting out with a Arduino MKR Viodr 4000 but am having some real issue. I have a old system that i am using for my arduino stuff (Win XP)  which i don't have any internet connection or network on. But i do have access to a friends PC who has the internet which i have used to transfered the latest version of the arduino environment to.

The real problem is when windows detects me putting the vidor it it asks for the drivers which i don't have, also i think i would also have to add the core which i cant do as you need the installer to do it apparently. Do any of you think you can help with locating the drivers and the core files and where i should put them.

Many thanks

DarioPennisi

Hi madscientist. Sorry for the slow reply. Actually board exposes a virtual serial port for which drivers are nowadays included in every OS so we are not shipping one. Under XP, which btw is not supported by MS anymore, you need to look for a virtual com port serial driver such as the one you can find googling around for vcom driver and adapt it by just changing vid and PID in INF file that comes with it.
Let me know if this helps...

Go Up