Go Down

Topic: [solved] Arduino MKR WIFI 1010: Communication with WiFi module failed! (Read 133 times) previous topic - next topic

Globedrifter

Dear all,
Since my last help-post I learned that I have to use #include <WiFiNINA.h> instead of Wifi101.
Ok, done. So I uploaded the "AP_SimpleWebServer" sketch successfully, but running it produced the following output on the serial monitor:

Access Point Web Server
Communication with WiFi module failed!

Maybe the following helps for troubleshooting:

I am using IDE 1.8.5
The MKR1010 is mounted on MKR2UNO and powered though the power plug
The "ON" LED is illuminating.
The "CHRG" LED is sometimes slow-flashing, I haven't figured out when or why.

Power pins:
VCC = 3.3V
5V = 5V
VIN = 5V

Once again: All sketches NOT USING WIFI work just fine.

I am missing a decent tutorial explaining the LED's and their functions. Maybe I missed it and someone can direct me to it. So far I only got links to the schematic diagram of the MKR1010, not much help, I'm afraid.

Thanks for your help!

v_chinnici

Hello,

I kindly suggest you to get in touch with our online support to further investigate your issue: support (at) arduino.cc

Best regards,
Valentina Chinnici
Arduino
Product Marketing Manager (Education)

Juraj

You can't write an Arduino sketch if you didn't learn programming. Not the language, but the concepts of programming - algorithms and data types.

Globedrifter

After loosing much sleep and ripping out my scalp (just kidding) I decided to investigate my MKR1010. And what did I find?? My supplier delivered an MKR1000 instead of a MKR1010!
After knowing this, I went through all tests with the appropriate sketches and all works just fine.
What threw me was that all non-wifi related tests, all uploads etc. functioned without problems, giving absolutely no indication of using the wrong parameters.

I learned another lesson and I thank all of you for your help.

Juraj

After loosing much sleep and ripping out my scalp (just kidding) I decided to investigate my MKR1010. And what did I find?? My supplier delivered an MKR1000 instead of a MKR1010!
After knowing this, I went through all tests with the appropriate sketches and all works just fine.
What threw me was that all non-wifi related tests, all uploads etc. functioned without problems, giving absolutely no indication of using the wrong parameters.

I learned another lesson and I thank all of you for your help.
it is the same samd only with different WiFi 'adapter'. but it is very different on outside. and WiFi101 should work on MKR1000

You can't write an Arduino sketch if you didn't learn programming. Not the language, but the concepts of programming - algorithms and data types.

Go Up