Go Down

Topic: Ina3221 write register values i2c (Read 74 times) previous topic - next topic

star1k

Aug 10, 2018, 01:03 am Last Edit: Aug 12, 2018, 08:09 pm by star1k Reason: better wording of my problem
Hello everyone. Please point me to right direction on how to program this IC ( ina3221) I`m working on a big DIY project and one of the aspect to make battery low voltage cut off. My batteries are LTO, and battery control circuits are expensive. I came up with a plan to use Ina 3221 and latching relay to make low power adjustable battery cut off. On one forum i read that it could be done by using arduino  

"I would use the ATMega chip from an Arduino Uno, or the Arduino itself. It is easy enough to interface via a terminal from a PC, then link commands from the terminal to the Arduino and have it do things with the I2C bus. " https://electronics.stackexchange.com/questions/39244/what-is-the-simplest-way-to-interact-with-an-i2c-peripheral  but i cant find anything related to this aproach.
Thank you in advance

Wawa

Aug 10, 2018, 04:54 am Last Edit: Aug 10, 2018, 04:55 am by Wawa
Please point me to right direction on how to program this IC ( ina3221)

I came up with a plan to use Ina 3221 and latching relay to make low power adjustable battery cut off. On one forum i read that it could be done by using arduino 

"I would use the ATMega chip from an Arduino Uno, or the Arduino itself.
Just use a library. Try Googling "Arduino INA3221 library".
Libraries usually come with examples.

Most charging boards have bidirectional mosfet switches to do that.

There is also the Nano (USB<>serial interface) and the ProMicro (no USB).
Leo..

star1k

Just use a library. Try Googling "Arduino INA3221 library".
Libraries usually come with examples.

Most charging boards have bidirectional mosfet switches to do that.

There is also the Nano (USB<>serial interface) and the ProMicro (no USB).
Leo..

Thank you for your answer. It definitely brought me closer to my goal :)
Ina 3221 arduino library programmed only to read values and after some manipulations on raw data prints values.
This circuit ( ina3221) originally designed to do quite opposite - measure current and voltage on 3 channels - but it has feedback ( actualy 4 modes of feed back : Critical, Warning,
PV (power valid), and TC (timing control) and i want to access those functions :   i.e. read register values, change them when arduino boots up ( values are volitile)  and use it as a customizable battery protection circuit.

Update : using raspberry pi i was able to access register and successfully read them via i2c utility. Now i just need to figure out proper values to program it, and later how to do it using arduino ( probably using wire liabrary).
any additional help will be appreciated.

Go Up