Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Author Topic: Arduino AVRDude -D option  (Read 3851 times)
Global Moderator
Dallas
Shannon Member
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

Does this core generate an optimized version for the tinys (to fit in the small flashes).

That's the goal.

The documentation in the boards.txt is really good (especially the fuse-settings).

Thanks!

What about the "empty" bootloader specification? Is this only to set the right fuses, not to upload a bootloader?

Exactly.  The "empty" bootloaders serve two purposes: a convenient way to change the fuses from the Arduion IDE; clear out the current Sketch so the hardware can be safely changed.

View Profile

Fine, you are the programmer? Your core is really better the code is smaller. Now I unaderstand a bit more AVR-language.

Thanks.
T

Global Moderator
Dallas
Shannon Member
View Profile

Fine, you are the programmer?

Yup.  Other folks are certainly welcome to participate!

Your core is really better the code is smaller.

Excellent!  For the ATtiny85 processor, the next update will be even better.  My programs have been 3.5% to 5% smaller with it.  In addition, for the digital functions, if the parameters are compile-time constants, they reduce to single machine instruction.  The code is a variation of the digital*Fast functions.

There are some options in the "core_build_options.h" that can be used to shave a tiny bit off the program size.

For the ATtiny2313, if you're doing write-only serial, using Tiny Debug Serial instead of HardwareSerial reduces the program size.

Now I unaderstand a bit more AVR-language.

Glad to hear it!

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Jump to: