Go Down

Topic: usbasp programmer - warning: cannot set sck period (Read 6752 times) previous topic - next topic

goaran

Mar 16, 2011, 08:47 pm Last Edit: Mar 18, 2011, 07:53 pm by goaran Reason: 1
Hello,

i am trying to burn a bootloader to a atmega168 with the arduino IDE under ubuntu 10.10
As programmer i have a usbasp. I added the programmer to arduino
Code: [Select]
usbasp.name=USBasp
usbasp.communication=usb
usbasp.protocol=usbasp

The board is selfdeveloped, but it is a default atmeag8 with a ISP connecter like usual, nothing strange here, I alredy programmed it this way
When i try to flash the bootloader i get an error:
Code: [Select]
avrdude: warning: cannot set sck period. please check for usbasp firmware update
avrdude: warning: cannot set sck period. please check for usbasp firmware update

in the terminal. Then the programmer LED is on for about a minute and in the end i get the message in the arduino integrate terminal as well
I tried it with and without the speed regulation pin on the programmer, doesnt work either way. I have two of the boards and two programmers, so it should not be a hardware problem

any ideas?

EDIT:

when i burn the flash directly from avrdude it works fine:
avrdude -p m168 -c usbasp -P usb -U flash:w:ATmegaBOOT_168.hex

seems to be some communication problem between avrdude and the arduino ide

Mr. Swarf

I have a similar USBasp and I get the same messages. I've been told it's nothing to worry about.

So I don't worry and just burn my sketches...  :smiley-roll:
M.S.

frank26080115

if you read the usbasp source code, there's no command to set the sck period, it's done through a jumper instead
Freelance engineer, consultant, contractor. Graduated from UW in 2013.

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy