Go Down

Topic: usbasp programmer - warning: cannot set sck period (Read 6511 times) previous topic - next topic

goaran

Mar 16, 2011, 08:47 pm Last Edit: Mar 18, 2011, 07:53 pm by goaran Reason: 1
Hello,

i am trying to burn a bootloader to a atmega168 with the arduino IDE under ubuntu 10.10
As programmer i have a usbasp. I added the programmer to arduino
Code: [Select]
usbasp.name=USBasp
usbasp.communication=usb
usbasp.protocol=usbasp

The board is selfdeveloped, but it is a default atmeag8 with a ISP connecter like usual, nothing strange here, I alredy programmed it this way
When i try to flash the bootloader i get an error:
Code: [Select]
avrdude: warning: cannot set sck period. please check for usbasp firmware update
avrdude: warning: cannot set sck period. please check for usbasp firmware update

in the terminal. Then the programmer LED is on for about a minute and in the end i get the message in the arduino integrate terminal as well
I tried it with and without the speed regulation pin on the programmer, doesnt work either way. I have two of the boards and two programmers, so it should not be a hardware problem

any ideas?

EDIT:

when i burn the flash directly from avrdude it works fine:
avrdude -p m168 -c usbasp -P usb -U flash:w:ATmegaBOOT_168.hex

seems to be some communication problem between avrdude and the arduino ide

Mr. Swarf

I have a similar USBasp and I get the same messages. I've been told it's nothing to worry about.

So I don't worry and just burn my sketches...  :smiley-roll:
M.S.

frank26080115

if you read the usbasp source code, there's no command to set the sck period, it's done through a jumper instead
Freelance engineer, consultant, contractor. Graduated from UW in 2013.

Go Up