Go Down

Topic: Home automation switch controller PCB reverse engineering (Read 494 times) previous topic - next topic

lzaman

Dear all,

I'm new to this forum, however I need some guidance here.
I'm trying to understand how part of my home's domotics work.
In short there is a UTP busline running everywhere connecting my wall switches (niko) to this little pcb (see pic). when the button is pressed it sends a unique code over to the switchboard module. I presumed it to be a muxed signal but I am not sure.
Anybody have experience with this and can send me in the right direction?
(PS I googled all the codes on the pcb ... no luck here)

Best regards

Lenny

PS: H1 and H2 run into the niko switch terminals via a wire, the connector bus basically links up the module to the utp cable (uses only 1 twisted pair labeled D and M on the mainboard module)
Update: just undid another module piece of its resin and found out this module works with DS2431 chip, which is a 1-wire network module... would this make sense?

Zapro

There is no components on this PCB other than the connector - so nothing to send a code. It's just a switch.

// Per.

Paul_KD7HB

There is no components on this PCB other than the connector - so nothing to send a code. It's just a switch.

// Per.
Examined more closely, it appears to the a sandwich board. Two placed face-to-face with epoxy in between. The OP needs to separate them, clean the epoxy and then take pictures.

Paul

Zapro

Examined more closely, it appears to the a sandwich board. Two placed face-to-face with epoxy in between. The OP needs to separate them, clean the epoxy and then take pictures.

Paul
Good catch. I didn't spot that right away, but yes, you are correct. Sneaky!

// Per.

Paul_KD7HB

Good catch. I didn't spot that right away, but yes, you are correct. Sneaky!

// Per.
Very! Never seen one before. Hope my customers never gets that idea. Really hard to test and repair!

Paul

Go Up